Ft. Hood Shootings

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know the military has their own way of doing things, but having that Ft Hood shooter in full military uniform for his military trial is awful.....he doesn't deserve to be wearing it, traitor that he is. Put him in a jumpsuit ! :dissapointed:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know the military has their own way of doing things, but having that Ft Hood shooter in full military uniform for his military trial is awful.....he doesn't deserve to be wearing it, traitor that he is. Put him in a jumpsuit ! :dissapointed:

I don't have any sympathy for this guy either but this is a military trial and that is how military trials are conducted.

bbsam

Staff member

I'm only guessing, but maybe the military takes the position that until he is found guilty, even of such heinous acts, he has earned the right to wear the uniform. I think in the past even military executions were even done in uniform.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He is still a Major in the US Army until such time as he loses his rank and privileges. He will receive a dishonorable discharge. If justice is truly served he will be given the same sentence that he imposed upon his victims.

I agree that he doesn't deserve to wear the uniform, but the regs are the regs. I have never been involved with a court martial nor do I know any of those laws/rules/regulations. I suppose they do go by "innocent until proven ......". Even though there were so many people that witnessed this (wasn't he IDed on video tape too?) he still gets his day in court.