FT Sup Denying Injury Reports ** On Topic **

FT Supervisor denying hourly employees wanting to file an injury report. The FT Supervisor has NO power to do such a thing; correct me if I'm wrong? It's common sense. If denied to file an accident report by the FT Supervisor, he or she has the right to contact his or her local union and file through the union? Great example of Management abusing their power here.

Thank you BC.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
An accident report or an injury report? I've never seen someone so eager to file an accident report.
The only problem is your sup talking you into not filing one and then a customer complaining you left a rut in their yard or something along those lines.

BrownBrokeDown

If it was an injury report, the moment the sup said "no, you cannot file one" I would have called for a union steward and it would have been dealt with right then and there.

BrownBrokeDown

Sups at my hub always try to talk people out of filing injury reports when they happen, just don't listen to the BS. If you need to file one, ask for a steward and they'll let you file.

Sups at my hub always try to talk people out of filing injury reports when they happen, just don't listen to the BS. If you need to file one, ask for a steward and they'll let you file.
Right. The only reason they tell you not to file is because they don't want to look bad. I guess what had happened was an overweight came down on a belt without the overweight stickers and the person pulled a back muscle or something not knowing that the piece was overweight.

BrownBrokeDown

Right. The only reason they tell you not to file is because they don't want to look bad. I guess what had happened was an overweight came down on a belt without the overweight stickers and the person pulled a back muscle or something not knowing that the piece was overweight.
Regardless of what happened they are required to find a reason why it was the employees fault.

Tell the person to not give a :censored2: about them looking bad and file, if they wont file, ask for a steward and they'll let you file. The reason to file is to protect yourself in the future. For example, how long can it take for whiplash to show itself after a car accident? Its nothing against the sups, we just need to protect ourselves just in case.

Edited because i misread a post.

Editing again to say, when i say file, i was meaning file the report, filing a greivance in this situation is only needed if even after the steward is involved they wont let you file the report.

BrownBrokeDown

Pshhhhh, please.
Its in the safety rules, sorry but they are regarded as rules not guidelines. If the injury occurred while lifting that is what will be put down as the cause. Also after filing a report, the injured person will have to watch videos regarding the cause, receive full retraining on that aspect of the job, and then an audit will be performed on them, usually on their first day back on the job.

BrownBrokeDown

PS, while being audited, they should make sure they follow all safety rules 100%. Also anything they get dinged on during the audit, they then will need perform the work as indicated in the future, even if it causes them to be slower;)...I mean why would it get put on the audit if that wasn't how it was supposed to be done for the next 30 years while working at UPS??? Right?? Also they should share the constructive information given during the audit to everyone around them so that they know the correct way to work as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its in the safety rules, sorry but they are regarded as rules not guidelines. If the injury occurred while lifting that is what will be put down as the cause. Also after filing a report, the injured person will have to watch videos regarding the cause, receive full retraining on that aspect of the job, and then an audit will be performed on them, usually on their first day back on the job.

Most of that BS is intended to discourage people from filing injury reports because of the hassle it creates.