FUBAR, The New FedEx

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With every passing day, it's increasingly evident that FedEx is FUBAR, and getting worse all the time. Customers are really starting to notice the difference, especially with the Call Centers. I get requests:twister2: several times per week to intervene and either trace packages, pickup Ground that has been sitting for days, or solve some other issue which is a result of corporate indifference or outright stupidity.

In the old days, I'd take the initiative and place some calls...no more. I just say "sorry, but you'll need to call 1-800-Go-FedEx". That's when they threaten to "switch to UPS" or another carrier because they simply don't want the runaround. It's the same with DG and International. Even if the problem is simply solved, I'll refer the customer to the Call Center and exception the pickup. I no longer care enough to be fixing problems for this company. I WAD, and when possible, I utilize "Enhanced WAD" to take it to the next level of not caring.

I am no longer an exception to the rule. I am the rule.

dezguy

I love customers asking for us to pick up their ground stuff. When you say no, they get that puzzled look on their face and then when you tell them to call the 1 800 number and schedule a ground pup, they say something like "well that's stupid" to which I reply, yes it is...

DontThrowPackages

Ill explain to them how ground works and their eyes are opened. Just because the uniforms are the same, don't think of express and ground as being the same.

Nick9075

Ill explain to them how ground works and their eyes are opened. Just because the uniforms are the same, don't think of express and ground as being the same.

With ground you are officially "not a FedEx employee" but in reality the Senior Terminal Manager & his P&D manager buddy call the shots and will let you know very clearly that if you cross them or if they don't like you they will find a way to get you terminated (in a NY minute).

This organization is based in Memphis which is a conservative, republican state same mentality as WalMart an extremely hostile attitude toward those who actually do the work while senior management collects their five & six figure bonuses

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I love customers asking for us to pick up their ground stuff. When you say no, they get that puzzled look on their face and then when you tell them to call the 1 800 number and schedule a ground pup, they say something like "well that's stupid" to which I reply, yes it is...

Stupid is the New Normal at FedEx. Why do it with one call, when you can make 3 or 4...all to someone who cannot even help you in a competent matter.

Doc Sorting Dude

The Ground guy confronted me one day and said to leave his packages, he's going to a pup to find out "Oh, the "other" FDX guy got it". If it's Ground, just leave it even though it's been sitting there gathering dust.

dezguy

The Ground guy confronted me one day and said to leave his packages, he's going to a pup to find out "Oh, the "other" FDX guy got it". If it's Ground, just leave it even though it's been sitting there gathering dust.

I had this happen too. He started to show me that if there was a G on the AWB, that was ground and we weren't supposed to grab those packages, like I was new or something. The guy even wanted me to call him when I saw a package that had been sitting around for a while. I didn't know whether to knock him out or laugh in his face.

!Retired!

It doesn't----what bothers me is your false sense of superiority over what you feel is an inferior opco.
There will be people in both companies that feel they are superior. I wave to all delivery couriers as I pass them. Some feel (I assume) they are superior and don't even acknowledge me. Some, I assume, are just miserable. This includes Ground, UPS and DHL.
That's what I do. I don't do PUP routes anymore, but I have found Ground packages in my dropboxes. I left them there until my day off. The person covering would take it. Sometimes it would be a full week.