Full time bid

Shift

Im a part time yard shifter with almost 9 years of seniority (5years unload/3+years shifting)and i recently won a bid on pretty much a shift change from twilight to preload as a yard shifter. My schedule is from 4am-9am but I'e been working 4-12pm and sometimes 1pm. My first question is if I make 30 reports in a year (consecutively or not) working a straight 8hr shift can I be redcircled into a full time position. I actually talked to a few stewards who told me I can be but the job would go up for bid so there would be no point because there would be people jumping on it with way more seniority than me. My second question is if that is the case is there anything I can do to secure it with out it going up for bid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Im a part time yard shifter with almost 9 years of seniority (5years unload/3+years shifting)and i recently won a bid on pretty much a shift change from twilight to preload as a yard shifter. My schedule is from 4am-9am but I'e been working 4-12pm and sometimes 1pm. My first question is if I make 30 reports in a year (consecutively or not) working a straight 8hr shift can I be redcircled into a full time position. I actually talked to a few stewards who told me I can be but the job would go up for bid so there would be no point because there would be people jumping on it with way more seniority than me. My second question is if that is the case is there anything I can do to secure it with out it going up for bid.
If it went from pt to ft it would be a new job and would go up for bid. No way around that.

Shift

Well that sucks I read in the Union book that a full time yard shifter gets paid $34.90 a hr so I'll just eat up he ot because it seems like I may be working this long for a while the last guy did the it for about a year