Full Time Car Driver Seniority

Chevy454

Hi, I was offer position as a FT Package Car Driver. I was told It is FT but won’t get benefits until 6 months after gain seniority. Can someone explain.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you don't wash out and make book, six months from then coverage starts.

Are you sure about waiting 6 months? That don't seem right.

Chevy454

That is what the email said. I ask Is the position Full Time with benefits? and there respond was "If you gain seniority yes" "It is FT but won’t get benefits until 6 months after gain seniority. All info is given at info session" So when is your Seniority date?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
6 months after you gain seniority is when coverage will start --- according to the email.

Better yet, wait until the "session" to confirm.

Chevy454

Ok, thank you! I have my session next week and I will get the information but to tell you the truth If seniority comes in January 2015 benefits effective date will be June 2015, I don't know how you can go with out benefits for a year, crazy.

Travwise

I also received bennies after 30 days, this may be something that changed with the new contract (longer waiting period) let me do some checking. I'll get back to you.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
He sounds like an off the street hire. I think I read somewhere that they have a break in period. Are you currently an employee or are you starting just now?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That is a very long time for someone who has a family to go with out benefits, lets see what information is provided on session.
That's for part timers not sure about off the street FT. You can always purchase insurance to bridge the gap.

Obama says everyone can afford it now.