full time driver how to go mental disability due to maritial separation?

You need to get a hold of yourself first. It's very unfortunate that this happened but you aren't the first. I wouldn't try to go out on disability. Work can take your mind of of it. Listen to the radio or your iPod during the day. Interacting with your customers can also take your mind of of it. Make up your mind that you aren't a victim it happened. Find a counselor or someone trained to talk to about it. Don't booze it up its not going to help your depression. Remember God loves you and YOU are going to get through this. You are a man and you will evolve.

onehandsolo

Thank you this is not easy
You need to get a hold of yourself first. It's very unfortunate that this happened but you aren't the first. I wouldn't try to go out on disability. Work can take your mind of of it. Listen to the radio or your iPod during the day. Interacting with your customers can also take your mind of of it. Make up your mind that you aren't a victim it happened. Find a counselor or someone trained to talk to about it. Don't booze it up its not going to help your depression. Remember God loves you and YOU are going to get through this. You are a man and you will evolve.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you want your mind at ease, get a good divorce lawyer and make not giving up any of your pension your #1 priority.

This may differ but in New York you will lose 2% of your pension for every year of your marriage in which you were working at UPS up to a maximum of 50%. A good divorce lawyer may be able to offset the loss if the spouse also has a pension, retirement funds or real estate holdings solely in her name but, for the most part, you can count on losing a portion of your pension. If you have a 401k you may lose up to half of it through a QDRO. If you have children you may or may not have to pay child and/or spousal support.

Check with your union local to see if you have legal benefits. My lawyer's fees were covered by the union when I got divorced.

oldngray

nowhere special
You might be able to get time off without pay to get your head together but to draw any disability money because of a divorce? Not easily done.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sorry man, that sucks. Take a few days off if you can, but mental disability would be tough to qualify for. Besides, working will help get your mind off of it....sitting at home focusing on what went wrong probably won't help improve your state of mind, or make you feel better. Good luck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What do you want me to say? "Oh, it's going to be OK."

Yes, divorce sucks, but if you are asking about mental disability you have much bigger issues than a divorce.

Gimme a break.
Not necessarily. The guy's drowning, and you've just described the water. We all respond differently to major life stresses, some handle it better than others. The guy might've just found out, asked for some time off to get his head straight, and ups was like, um nooo, you're out of days. We all know we don't work for a warm, fuzzy and understanding company. But I'm not saying mental disability is the answer, or even possible.