full time driver still in swing only working 1-3 days a week

bigbopper51

I was hired before last peak for full-time perm. just the last two weeks ive only been called in 3 days last week and I worked yesterday <wednesday> . the driver above me in seniority told me to file for unemployment for days not worked because im in the 8 hour guarantee . anyone wanna help me out here or is there a grievence in order? thanks fellas and gals

PT Car Washer

I was hired before last peak for full-time perm. just the last two weeks ive only been called in 3 days last week and I worked yesterday <wednesday> . the driver above me in seniority told me to file for unemployment for days not worked because im in the 8 hour guarantee . anyone wanna help me out here or is there a grievence in order? thanks fellas and gals
Happens a lot this time of year to low seniority workers not just drivers. Hang in there. Come Spring and nice weather you will not be able to get a day off.

iruhnman630

Make the best of it while it lasts. Some of the best days of my career have been those mornings I have turned around and walked out the door.

Movie matinees are cheap...home projects need to be done...Call Of Duty skills need to be sharpened...mountain bikes need to get dirty...watch the snow fall from inside your home....you get the jist.

iruhnman630

Here in Michigan we can file for both unemployment and underemployment, which pays the difference between wages earned and the maximum benefit payable. Although if you are working 3 days a week you likely exceed the max ben anyway.

iruhnman630

And remember to plan for the layoffs each year for the next few years. You will make plenty of money the other ten months.