Full time inside going rpcd questions

Wheeler

"King"
Central region suppliment. We have a full time inside employee going rcpd and has been full time inside for 23 years. My questions are will he get a new full time date for classification for rpcd or will he be able to jump right into bumping everyone right after his training packet?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Central region suppliment. We have a full time inside employee going rcpd and has been full time inside for 23 years. My questions are will he get a new full time date for classification for rpcd or will he be able to jump right into bumping everyone right after his training packet?

23 years inside and now going driving

my money is on him being back inside in less than 30 days

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The only Local in the Central (that I'm aware of) that has classification seniority

is Local 135. Any others.... it is company seniority. So he/she would "enjoy" their

full seniority rights, by bidding different full-time job.

23 years inside and now going driving

my money is on him being back inside in less than 30 days

Maybe.

It depends on how motivated the person is.

Also, their physical condition.

"Everyone wants to be a Pkg car driver.... Until, you have to do Pkg car driver car stuff."

:biggrin:

-Bug-

Wheeler

"King"
The only Local in the Central (that I'm aware of) that has classification seniority

is Local 135. Any others.... it is company seniority. So he/she would "enjoy" their

full seniority rights, by bidding different full-time job.

Maybe.

It depends on how motivated the person is.

Also, their physical condition.

"Everyone wants to be a Pkg car driver.... Until, you have to do Pkg car driver car stuff."

:biggrin:

-Bug-
He is in his early 30's and pretty fit so he will be able to bump whoever he wants under 23 yrs. Okay thanks for the info. I am local 406

Over70irregs

I'm all for company seniority prevailing. Classification seniority is BS. Seniority should prevail at all times. Not with exceptions.
Prevents multiple seniority peeps from jumping from hub to hub preventing lowers from moving up. An example would be never getting a good summer vacation week during vacation selection time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Prevents multiple seniority peeps from jumping from hub to hub preventing lowers from moving up. An example would be never getting a good summer vacation week during vacation selection time.

Vacation bidding also needs to be revised.

Rather than bidding all of your vacation weeks in seniority order, vacation bidding should be in rounds:

Round 1----everyone bids two weeks in seniority order.
Round 2----everyone with weeks left bids two more weeks in seniority order.
Round 3----everyone with weeks left bids two more weeks in seniority order.
Round 4----bid remaining weeks in seniority order.