Full time insurance benefits?

scisector9

Howdy BC.

I made my seniority driving this week. I was an outside permanent hire. I was curious how long I had to wait to get my insurance benefits. I have a copy of our union agreement, and all I could find in there for waiting period was for part time employees having to wait one year, and 18 months for spouse. I found no specific language on any wait for full time employees. I asked my steward today and he said he would have to double check. I know as of next week I will be in the union. My hire date was beginning of July this year.

Any relevant information would be great.

Cheers!

Inthegame

Howdy BC.

I made my seniority driving this week. I was an outside permanent hire. I was curious how long I had to wait to get my insurance benefits. I have a copy of our union agreement, and all I could find in there for waiting period was for part time employees having to wait one year, and 18 months for spouse. I found no specific language on any wait for full time employees. I asked my steward today and he said he would have to double check. I know as of next week I will be in the union. My hire date was beginning of July this year.

Any relevant information would be great.

Cheers!
Where are you located? Check your local rider if one exists, otherwise your supplement.

scisector9

I am in 710. And I did get a copy of our entire book, all 60 plus pages. Under health and wellness there is no language about full time benefits starting date, just what benefits are offered. Under part time employee health and wellness it discloses the waiting period. I can check with HR Tuesday I suppose. Was just checking out the BC this lazy Friday night and figured I would put something up. Thanks.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Insurance changing jan 1 2014. For better or worse some of us know and some of us don't thanks to the lazy numbnutts at the local lol.

Inthegame

I am in 710. And I did get a copy of our entire book, all 60 plus pages. Under health and wellness there is no language about full time benefits starting date, just what benefits are offered. Under part time employee health and wellness it discloses the waiting period. I can check with HR Tuesday I suppose. Was just checking out the BC this lazy Friday night and figured I would put something up. Thanks.
Not absolutely sure but I believe H&W starts 30 days after seniority in L710. Good luck in the Windy...