Full Time Management folks.

I've recently graduated college this month. I am a veteran and am almost 30yr old. I've been with the company for 4yrs, 3 of which I have been a Part-time Package Center Supervisor I also covered the local sort during peak season. I am an asset to my center and will be hard to replace because of how badly it's ran. I am seeking a new opportunity in full time management either in i.e. or hub supervisor. I tell you all this because the question I am going to ask is going to make me seem like a bad person somehow. Is there a drug test when moving into any of these positions? Are there positions that require a drug test? I have stopped smoking for over a month now but the at home test still show positive and I am worried. I'm not a bad person I use it to help me sleep. The pills the VA prescribes don't work. It does. Any real information would be helpful as the only information I seem to find pertains to partimers or drivers.
Thank you

snailbagel

4 year veteran PT sup looking to advance who is concerned about their drug use? Why not concern yourself with obtaining those impossible numbers that are prescribed by upper management? This is probably not the best forum for constructive advice.

Box Ox

the question I am going to ask is going to make me seem like a bad person somehow.

I'm not a bad person I use it to help me sleep. The pills the VA prescribes don't work.

Doesn't make you seem like a bad person at all. Veterans seriously shouldn't have to worry about smoking all the weed they need to. Especially if it's being used as an alternative to more dangerous/addictive medications. Wish/hope there's some way you could get a "note" for its use from the VA even if medicinal use isn't legal in your state.

4 year veteran PT sup looking to advance who is concerned about their drug use? Why not concern yourself with obtaining those impossible numbers that are prescribed by upper management? This is probably not the best forum for constructive advice.
Where do you suppose I find this answer out?

MrBates

I've recently graduated college this month. I am a veteran and am almost 30yr old. I've been with the company for 4yrs, 3 of which I have been a Part-time Package Center Supervisor I also covered the local sort during peak season. I am an asset to my center and will be hard to replace because of how badly it's ran. I am seeking a new opportunity in full time management either in i.e. or hub supervisor. I tell you all this because the question I am going to ask is going to make me seem like a bad person somehow. Is there a drug test when moving into any of these positions? Are there positions that require a drug test? I have stopped smoking for over a month now but the at home test still show positive and I am worried. I'm not a bad person I use it to help me sleep. The pills the VA prescribes don't work. It does. Any real information would be helpful as the only information I seem to find pertains to partimers or drivers.
Thank you

All I know is that my prior full time hub supe smoked up every night like a forest burning in California and he's managed his hub for about 5 years now. I dont know if they test upon entry but they definitely do not conduct random testing once your in...unless the person shows gross incompetency. He is a pretty good manager too, and I can't say that too often.

isonend

As far as I know the only drug testing UPS does is the testing required by the federal government for CDL drivers. I think there's a pre-employment test and then random tests after that. So if you became a feeder on road supervisor I think you might have to be tested. For IE or Hub? No.

But the drug and alcohol policy should be posted somewhere in your operation, so be aware of it if you are not able to quit.

dudebro

As far as I know the only drug testing UPS does is the testing required by the federal government for CDL drivers. I think there's a pre-employment test and then random tests after that. So if you became a feeder on road supervisor I think you might have to be tested. For IE or Hub? No.

But the drug and alcohol policy should be posted somewhere in your operation, so be aware of it if you are not able to quit.

Agreed. The only drug testing other than this I'm aware of is if you work at an airport in operations AND become a certified aircraft load trainer. As an IE supervisor on the night sort, they wouldn't test any of those people because they'd lose more than half.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Thank you
proxy-4.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I would not worry I had too many sups & managers who drank too much , and filled their lungs with coke than I could count. Like the others said stay away from Air Ops and feeders until you test clean.
And never post this tall tale here again, UPS is known to monitor this site and punish those that they can identify. Maybe this is the job you'll get.