Full time pay increase next contract?

Heffalump

Trying to stay ahead of the curb here but with part-timers getting there percieved "piece of the pie" ( potential raises and RETRO PAY! ) with this 22.4 crap what are the odds full time drivers seeing top rate at $50/hr in the next next contract? I feel like with a rate like that only the best will come to work and stay! Trying to corral pt'ers seems like a lost cause now. They literally just took off the Vaseline with hybrid driving.

Blackstream

It's much more likely I think that UPS tries to cut the top scale down to like $25-$30 for any new FTers that come on after the contract.

542thruNthru

Trying to stay ahead of the curb here but with part-timers getting there percieved "piece of the pie" ( potential raises and RETRO PAY! ) with this 22.4 crap what are the odds full time drivers seeing top rate at $50/hr in the next next contract? I feel like with a rate like that only the best will come to work and stay! Trying to corral pt'ers seems like a lost cause now. They literally just took off the Vaseline with hybrid driving.

Good god man! Can we finish this contract before you start drooling for more money in the next contract!

BigBrownTown

I have read recently that a starting wage of $13.00 per hour was settled on to start in August. I have been with the company for a decent time now and JUST reached $13.00 an hour. Should the new contract vote in, what does this mean for people in my position?

Am I to make the same wage as a newhire after my years of service?

mikejonesjr

You will get the GWI probably 75 cents in august. So you'll be making 75 cents more than someone who started a month ago. There better be some sort of catch up for currents that we aren't aware of.

Skooney

You will get the GWI probably 75 cents in august. So you'll be making 75 cents more than someone who started a month ago. There better be some sort of catch up for currents that we aren't aware of.

At least enter them into progression, something. That's bull:censored2: to be honest.

Tony Q

I have read recently that a starting wage of $13.00 per hour was settled on to start in August. I have been with the company for a decent time now and JUST reached $13.00 an hour. Should the new contract vote in, what does this mean for people in my position?

You’ll get your raise, whatever it is.

Tony Q

That's a joke. Should have left progression. No vote.
The progression will go down to three years for full times. There will be some money there. This should make some members happy getting out of the 4 year progression. We will see when it all comes out.

mikejonesjr

The progression will go down to three years for full times. There will be some money there. This should make some members happy getting out of the 4 year progression. We will see when it all comes out.
The progression benefited pt with 1-5 years in. Bc you would automatically get bumped up to the new contract progression. Meaning
$13 to start +4 years seniority makes 15$ for example. And you would be making that in august. Without this they barely make more than new comers.

rod

Retired 22 years

Sucks to be you. You think thats bad -my wife turned 21 the same year Minnesota lowered its drinking age to 18. She was PISSED.