Full Time Seniority

GMan0005

Anyone ever transferred from one district to another. I originally was a full time air district employee, transferred to the ground side to be a driver and was told I lost all my seniority and had to start as a newly hired employee. Basically I have 3 seniority dates now ( part time, full time, and driver time). I kept all my vacations (6 and an option week). Just wondering if this was a local thing or anyone else have encountered this. I had actually filed a grievance on this and was told by the labor manager this had nothing to do with the company so they didn't care either way. Thinking my union rep would stand by the rank and file, I thought he would give me my original full time date. Well last I heard he was checking on it. Been over 2 years now, guess he is still checking.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anyone ever transferred from one district to another. I originally was a full time air district employee, transferred to the ground side to be a driver and was told I lost all my seniority and had to start as a newly hired employee. Basically I have 3 seniority dates now ( part time, full time, and driver time). I kept all my vacations (6 and an option week). Just wondering if this was a local thing or anyone else have encountered this. I had actually filed a grievance on this and was told by the labor manager this had nothing to do with the company so they didn't care either way. Thinking my union rep would stand by the rank and file, I thought he would give me my original full time date. Well last I heard he was checking on it. Been over 2 years now, guess he is still checking.
Two years???

Sounds about par for my Local.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you work on the ramp? If so, and you "transferred" to the ground side, then, yes, you would lose all of your seniority and would basically start all over again.

GMan0005

Why don't they have that in the national. Instead it reads you will only have two seniority dates. A part time and a full time. They need to have it so we understand some people may end up with 3 dates.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Why would you wait this long, for an answer ? Pro-active followup is in order.

You might have got "lost in the sauce" ?

Did you work on the ramp? If so, and you "transferred" to the ground side, then, yes, you would lose all of your seniority and would basically start all over again.

Not necessarily.... it depends on supplemental, Local language, or seniority practices.

You can't paint this issue, with a broad brush.

Two years???

Sounds about par for my Local.

Your Local, is in the twilight zone ?

-Bug-

LeadBelly

Banned
What regions have the ability for full timers to transfer? I thought it was for only part timers , and educational reasons only. Hoping to learn something new!

GMan0005

I did not wait on taking action, I have been fighting this for quite some time. However it goes no where since the representation I have is the opposition. Like I said, the company did not care either way. My union rep just keeps putting it off. As for the "transfer",

GMan0005

It was a bid. I bid on the driving job, and came from a full time hub and scrub job from the air district. This is in Ky so no, it is not on the west coast.

LeadBelly

Banned
IMG_7907.JPG
They think they are in the fast lane???

SMH