full time seniority

DRporch

so i have struggled to find the correct answer after searching

i am hired off the street as of last year. i already have a seniority date. now i was under the impression to get a FT seniority date i must qualify before getting one? is this true?

so i am unsure how it works i have been working 8 months now and haven't qualified yet id imagine i would have been thrown on a training route by now especially since they pulled someone from preload and threw him on a training route last week.

optikz

i am hired off the street as of last year. i already have a seniority date. now i was under the impression to get a FT seniority date i must qualify before getting one? is this true?

so i am unsure how it works i have been working 8 months now and haven't qualified yet id imagine i would have been thrown on a training route by now especially since they pulled someone from preload and threw him on a training route last week.

How have you been working 8 months and not qualified? Have you worked everyday? You got health insurance? Paying union dues? 401k?

DRporch

i have a 401k pay union dues and have health care. and get my vacation stuff here in 4 months.

and all 8 months i have never qualified. was hired for peak and they threw me on a route and i did it. i havent been near a training route

i dont work everyday due to lack of volume though

optikz

i have a 401k pay union dues and have health care. and get my vacation stuff here in 4 months.

and all 8 months i have never qualified. was hired for peak and they threw me on a route and i did it. i havent been near a training route

i dont work everyday due to lack of volume though

So you never completed 30 day probation? You sure? I don't think you can have a seniority date, benefits, 401k and be in the union if you're not a full time permanent employee

DRporch

401k is taken out of my check weekly along with my union due's and i asked my boss is this my real seniority date and he says it is. im baffled on how this all happened and been struggling to figure it out. i was hired a FT permanent employee and was told by my manager im here full time. now i guess it could be possible my first 30days could have been qualifying but it was a split car route and with a helper so doubtful

Rack em

Made the Podium
401k is taken out of my check weekly along with my union due's and i asked my boss is this my real seniority date and he says it is. im baffled on how this all happened and been struggling to figure it out. i was hired a FT permanent employee and was told by my manager im here full time. now i guess it could be possible my first 30days could have been qualifying but it was a split car route and with a helper so doubtful
I'm guessing you are a natural and your center manager knew it. They put your 30 days in a packet and called it good.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
A few guys hired last peak here just kind of stayed...they never officially did their 30 days they just got thrown out to the wolves and now they are drivers

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If you were hired as FT off the street, and you've worked 30 workdays, on workday 31 you became a driver with seniority, at least in my area of the country.

The only caveat is, it would normally have to all happen inside a 90 day time period. That being said, if mgmt wanted to tweak this to their advantage, and bypass the rules so that you could qualify, no one would likely challenge it.

Congrats!

Mst3k

Walk into your boss' office and demand that he allow you to qualify! Don't take no for an answer. Sounds like they are just stringing you along until they don't need you.

Noreaga

If you are hired off the street then your ft seniority is the date you qualify.. you cannot have 2 seniority dates.. also if you are receiving benefits then have qualified.. you cannot receive benefits unless you qualify

542thruNthru

Do you know who your shop steward is? Do you know what local you are in?

Knowing the answer to those two questions will help you a lot. You have probably already qualified they just never said anything. I've seen centers that when they were in dire need for drivers would skip the qualifying if they knew the driver was good enough.

Do yourself a big favor. Find out who your shop steward is and introduce yourself. Then ask him for a contract book. Those two things will help you through out your UPS career.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Do you know who your shop steward is? Do you know what local you are in?

Knowing the answer to those two questions will help you a lot. You have probably already qualified they just never said anything. I've seen centers that when they were in dire need for drivers would skip the qualifying if they knew the driver was good enough.

Do yourself a big favor. Find out who your shop steward is and introduce yourself. Then ask him for a contract book. Those two things will help you through out your UPS career.

This x 1000

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sounds to me, the driver was hired during the freeze period, both summer and then peak. Even with that, how do you not make book after 8 months?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A few guys hired last peak here just kind of stayed...they never officially did their 30 days they just got thrown out to the wolves and now they are drivers
gif-wolf-889158.gif

WorknLateHuh

here, there is no 30 day qualification period for seasonal drivers if you're lucky enough to fall into the 6:1 outside hiring ratio. You get your seniority date if they decide to keep you on. No qualification or anything.

DRporch

i was for sure outperforming people during peak in a No DR area i was going out with 200-250 stops in an 8cube which for the area i was in 8hr day would mean you are at 120stops.

i hit it off with my center manager and everyday hed stop by and thank me for busting my ass i imagine he must have throw me a bone.

Mst3k

i was for sure outperforming people during peak in a No DR area i was going out with 200-250 stops in an 8cube which for the area i was in 8hr day would mean you are at 120stops.

i hit it off with my center manager and everyday hed stop by and thank me for busting my ass i imagine he must have throw me a bone.
Every time you leave the building the first words out of his mouth are "Sucker"