Full time swing driver?

can I expect to work almost everyday I'm in a rural area they told me I could cover my center and one nearby it's the same manger that runs both mine also has one tcd and the other has two will I have more seniority then them getting hired full time off the street it's FULL TIME not permanent part time or anything

barnyard

KTM rider
If they are telling you that you could be covering 2 centers, they are saying, "If you want to work this summer, you will have to be available at both centers, otherwise you will not work everyday."

Everyone will have more seniority than you.

JL 0513

Nope...we dont have swing drivers

Do you mean you just don't call them "swing" drivers. We don't call then that either but they are cover drivers which every center has to have. All cover drivers are full time in all my local centers. We are all guaranteed to work everyday.

Otherwise, how would any bid driver ever get a day off?

Do you mean you just don't call them "swing" drivers. We don't call then that either but they are cover drivers which every center has to have. All cover drivers are full time in all my local centers. We are all guaranteed to work everyday.

We have regular temps.
They are not guaranteed to work

Yes that what I am but they told me I'm full time not part time

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You would cover vacations. If they have no work you would have to work a shift inside the building. No you wouldn't drive every day. It takes a few years and a few more guys under you to work everyday

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No lm not seasonal they specifically told me

That only really means that you will work "some" during vacation time, get laid off and come back (hopefully) at peak.

I have no idea what the free period is in your local, but during it you will accrue no days toward seniority.

Best of luck to you.

"integrad"

Hope this helps.