Full Time

Was told by HR and Supervisor yesterday that I will be offered a full time position on Sep 14. I am a casual right now, so this is awesome news. I love the job and the challeneges that come with it. I look forward to improving and learning more about it. But I also want money. I did a search through google and through this website (hopefully I looked in the right places) but I can't find the pay rates. I make 16.10 right now as a casual, do I get a raise right when I start full time? Every 6 months? Every year? Thanks guys.

yeldarb

Hah! I heard it takes 3 years to move up to regular beer.
Dont do the common rookie mistake... Dont upgrade your house, buy a new car, or any other major purchase. Keep living life as if you were still making 16.10 an hour.
We have had several drivers who have been driving for about 5 years who have filed bankruptcy, because they thought since they were making 30 bucks an hour, they were obligated to spend 30 an hour.
Life is much more enjoyable when you make a lot more than you spend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Progression is 3 years. You start at 75% of top rate or your current pay rate, whichever is higher. You get 5% pay raises every 6 months until you are at 90%. You will stay there until your progression is over where,as stated above, you will see a bump of at least $10/hr.

Bradley gave some good advice. Live within your means.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Progression is 3 years. You start at 75% of top rate or your current pay rate, whichever is higher. You get 5% pay raises every 6 months until you are at 90%. You will stay there until your progression is over where,as stated above, you will see a bump of at least $10/hr.

Bradley gave some good advice. Live within your means.

75 percent of top rate from about 5 contracts ago.

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
Was told by HR and Supervisor yesterday that I will be offered a full time position on Sep 14. I am a casual right now, so this is awesome news. I love the job and the challeneges that come with it. I look forward to improving and learning more about it. But I also want money. I did a search through google and through this website (hopefully I looked in the right places) but I can't find the pay rates. I make 16.10 right now as a casual, do I get a raise right when I start full time? Every 6 months? Every year? Thanks guys.

Light Beer,

Start:  $16.10
Seniority:  $17.25
One Year:  $18.45
Two Years:  $20.75
Three Years:  Top Rate

Will do. Thanks for the info and advice. My family and I live very frugally and within our means. I took a huge pay cut when I left the Army and I am waiting for it to all even out. Thanks again for all the info.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will do. Thanks for the info and advice. My family and I live very frugally and within our means. I took a huge pay cut when I left the Army and I am waiting for it to all even out. Thanks again for all the info.

You took a pay cut when you left the Army? I was 8 years Air Force and unless you were an officer you didn't make a whole lot of money.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is from the latest book. Start 16.10 Seniority 17.25 Twelve months 18.45 Twenty-Four months 20.75 Thirty-Six months Top Rate. Things have changed since our days.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dont do the common rookie mistake... Dont upgrade your house, buy a new car, or any other major purchase. Keep living life as if you were still making 16.10 an hour.
We have had several drivers who have been driving for about 5 years who have filed bankruptcy, because they thought since they were making 30 bucks an hour, they were obligated to spend 30 an hour.
Life is much more enjoyable when you make a lot more than you spend.

I have been a driver for not even 4 years, and me and my wife have 2 brand new SUV's, a slightly older truck and have MANY nice "toys", if you are not a complete idiot with your money, you can have nice things with your nice paycheck