Full Time

Was told by HR and Supervisor yesterday that I will be offered a full time position on Sep 14. I am a casual right now, so this is awesome news. I love the job and the challeneges that come with it. I look forward to improving and learning more about it. But I also want money. I did a search through google and through this website (hopefully I looked in the right places) but I can't find the pay rates. I make 16.10 right now as a casual, do I get a raise right when I start full time? Every 6 months? Every year? Thanks guys.
Look for my beer thread in the life after brown forum. This should have all the answers you will ever need.

You took a pay cut when you left the Army? I was 8 years Air Force and unless you were an officer you didn't make a whole lot of money.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be misleading, yes, my base pay was nothing to sing about. I left as an E-6 with 9 years, 11 mos TIS. My last three years were on recruiting duty (which is why they were my last years) and with BAH, special duty pay, Conus COLA and BAS I was clearing just over 6K/Month after taxes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sorry, I didn't mean to be misleading, yes, my base pay was nothing to sing about. I left as an E-6 with 9 years, 11 mos TIS. My last three years were on recruiting duty (which is why they were my last years) and with BAH, special duty pay, Conus COLA and BAS I was clearing just over 6K/Month after taxes.

I don't clear near that now.

yeldarb

I have been a driver for not even 4 years, and me and my wife have 2 brand new SUV's, a slightly older truck and have MANY nice "toys", if you are not a complete idiot with your money, you can have nice things with your nice paycheck

Ones definition of "an idiot with your money" may differ from another. My car is 13 years old, my wifes is 7, and I have been saving 2 grand a month for 4 years. I want "out" when I hit my peer 80. My entire benefits and wage package at UPS is probably better than all my neighbors, but our cars are older than all of theirs. I can care less about looking like I am rich. I prefer sleeping at night, and knowing if something happens, (strike, injury, or anything else) finances wont be an issue for a while.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ones definition of "an idiot with your money" may differ from another. My car is 13 years old, my wifes is 7, and I have been saving 2 grand a month for 4 years. I want "out" when I hit my peer 80.

Apparently, his wife has a good job.

packageguy

Was told by HR and Supervisor yesterday that I will be offered a full time position on Sep 14. I am a casual right now, so this is awesome news. I love the job and the challeneges that come with it. I look forward to improving and learning more about it. But I also want money. I did a search through google and through this website (hopefully I looked in the right places) but I can't find the pay rates. I make 16.10 right now as a casual, do I get a raise right when I start full time? Every 6 months? Every year? Thanks guys.

Congrats,
P.S. It's not about the money-- It's job satisfaction.........lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I left in 1989 as an E-5 with just under 8 years and never made more than $20K. I have to call BS on your $6K/month claim.

I left in 1989 as an E-5 with just under 8 years and never made more than $20K. I have to call BS on your $6K/month claim.

I am many things, but a liar is not one. Call BS all you want, but try google, it would help more. Base pay for an E-6 with over 8 years is over 3K/month, BAH for zip code 02111 is 2750/month, SDAP for recruiting duty 450/month, BAS 325/month, Conus Cola 60/month. Just because that wasn't what it was like for you doesn't mean my claim is BS.

Mainly because, as you saw, most of the money was in allowances so it was nice that it was not taxable, but it was only available while I was in Boston as a recruiter. I was "volun-told" to be a recruiter, it is a horrible job. Like any good Soldier, I do the mission I am told, not the one I want. Anyways, recruiting duty burned me out. I was working for guys that had never deployed (I don't typically judge on that) and were telling a 17 year old kid what war is like. That environment just changed my attitude towards being in the Army. Two years away from my family, meeting my daughter when she was 6 months old, losing half of my hearing, coming out without a scratch after a direct strike from an IED on my vehicle.....didn't want to keep pushing my luck.