Full Timer being cut to part time

01focus

I've been a full time employee for eighteen months.The first six months on the dock. The manager cut 1 guy to part time about three months afo and the stewards jumped and screamed their heads offs and swore it was'nt right. Now the manager has plans to offer me a part time slot, even though there are two part timers below me. I thought i could bump one of them if i took the layoff stat instead and keep my same pay as dock with cdl status, besides the contract says that i can work in any other classification commensurate with the work i am performing aand when i work on the dock , its full time with cdl stat. He is also planning to not post the last four positions on the bid board, instead he will list them as 'Will Call as Needed". I don't know about the rest of you guys but i thought i joined the union to keep things like this from happenening. Are any other fulltimers being cut to part time?. I just cant find the loop hole inthe contract that allows them to do it

ScrewedUP

You must be living in my world. Been there and dealt with it. Union didn't do 1 thing right except screw my grievance up and 6 months of full time pay

nathon11

If they are continue with the transferring of employee from full time to part time, than you should be aware of this that, you have to take your position against them, if you don't do that than you have to change you job to be secure...