Fulltime cover driver Help plz

Edward88

So @ my center they promoted me and 5 others to full-time before peak. Now that peak is done with, we dont have the volume to be on a route. So to get out 8 hrs we are given the option to come to preload then comeback to local sort. Which is fine but after 7 days of this my pay rate drops down to pre load pay. Is this right? Is it my fault they do jave the work for me

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
So @ my center they promoted me and 5 others to full-time before peak. Now that peak is done with, we dont have the volume to be on a route. So to get out 8 hrs we are given the option to come to preload then comeback to local sort. Which is fine but after 7 days of this my pay rate drops down to pre load pay. Is this right? Is it my fault they do jave the work for me
Contract book. Get one. Promoted me....lmao

PT Car Washer

The laid off drivers in my building are being paid at the starting FT inside rate, $15/hr. The first year is always the toughest. You need to be talking to your Union steward and business agent and don't believe anything the center manager or preload or hub managers tell you without confirming it with the Union. Hopefully your Union Local is not working for your management team.

Hellobrown2000

Starting
The laid off drivers in my building are being paid at the starting FT inside rate, $15/hr. The first year is always the toughest. You need to be talking to your Union steward and business agent and don't believe anything the center manager or preload or hub managers tell you without confirming it with the Union. Hopefully your Union Local is not working for your management team.
Starting rate for ft inside? I'm confused on what that means. Isn't the only way to get a ft inside job to become a driver first and gain building seniority? And why is it 15? Here ft insiders make around 29 30 an hour.

Brisket

Starting

Starting rate for ft inside? I'm confused on what that means. Isn't the only way to get a ft inside job to become a driver first and gain building seniority? And why is it 15? Here ft insiders make around 29 30 an hour.

You can't just JUMP into that rate, you have to put in your time like we all did ( or do), then after year four you will get there, unless you were under the old contract which is 3 years.

ManInBrown

Show up every day at start time. When they inform you they have no route for you, kindly ask them to point you in the direction of the broom closet.

davidix

So what's the deal? I'm in the same situation pre loading because there a no routes and we have too many cover drivers as it is. I got paid 15 an hour 1st week but they are fixing it to my regular driver pay.

ManInBrown

Your manager will point you to the Hub manager for your Hub assignment. Build those walls high and tight.
Huh? I start at 9am. My center manager's in charge. If there ever was a day where they didn't have a route for me to pull, I would ask him where the broom closet is. And I've seen drivers do it, and he points to the broom closet. I don't even know what a hub manager is.