Fulltime cover driver Help plz

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Edward88, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Edward88

Edward88 New Member

So @ my center they promoted me and 5 others to full-time before peak. Now that peak is done with, we dont have the volume to be on a route. So to get out 8 hrs we are given the option to come to preload then comeback to local sort. Which is fine but after 7 days of this my pay rate drops down to pre load pay. Is this right? Is it my fault they do jave the work for me

2. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Contract book. Get one. Promoted me....lmao

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Edward88

Edward88 New Member

What section should i look in?

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The laid off drivers in my building are being paid at the starting FT inside rate, $15/hr. The first year is always the toughest. You need to be talking to your Union steward and business agent and don't believe anything the center manager or preload or hub managers tell you without confirming it with the Union. Hopefully your Union Local is not working for your management team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Starting
    Starting rate for ft inside? I'm confused on what that means. Isn't the only way to get a ft inside job to become a driver first and gain building seniority? And why is it 15? Here ft insiders make around 29 30 an hour.

6. PT Car Washer

Art. 41 Section 3 in the National Master Contract.

7. Back first

Back first Active Member

Yes
    Yes but you are still in progression.

8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Before peak is freeze time. Is the OP working towards book?

9. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

You can't just JUMP into that rate, you have to put in your time like we all did ( or do), then after year four you will get there, unless you were under the old contract which is 3 years.

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If your a full time driver then demand your 8 and also demand to work in classification.

11. I under
    I understand progression but I've never heard of anything starting at 15 an hour

12. I understand progression. I have never heard of anything starting at 15 an hour

13. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Show up every day at start time. When they inform you they have no route for you, kindly ask them to point you in the direction of the broom closet.

14. PT Car Washer

Your manager will point you to the Hub manager for your Hub assignment. Build those walls high and tight.

15. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

You can qualify during the freeze on a FT bid

16. Wally

Not here. Do 30 days after the freeze.

17. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

At the discretion of management. Don't have to, but you have to do a packet anyways so the general thinking it just get it done

18. Wally

Here you do.

19. davidix

davidix Member

So what's the deal? I'm in the same situation pre loading because there a no routes and we have too many cover drivers as it is. I got paid 15 an hour 1st week but they are fixing it to my regular driver pay.

20. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Huh? I start at 9am. My center manager's in charge. If there ever was a day where they didn't have a route for me to pull, I would ask him where the broom closet is. And I've seen drivers do it, and he points to the broom closet. I don't even know what a hub manager is.