Fun things you know about your truck that'll $#@! off your cover driver

M

Mike23

I thought this would be a fun post since we all know how well our mechanics treat our vehicles. Many drivers (like myself) have the same vehicle day in and day out (1000 for me) so get used to the quirks, and honestly, I've come to love mine!

1. The gas gauge hasn't worked since started working 1 year ago...Although sometimes if I hit enough bumps it will

2. At 60kph, if my doors are open, my garbage can cleans itself...bye bye pop can!

3. Every month I need to request a new starter because it will take +30 secs to start it with the key turned on in the morning. Oh, and it smokes out everyone beside me. If I don't sometime in the next 2 months my starter will die on route :(

4. My driver side window won't open

5. My car DOES have more pickup then a P5. It can actually reach 110 KPH (I was shocked at this)!

6. My windshield wipers, when turned on, will stay turned on, even if turned off, for about 1 min. Otherwise the wipers will dangle in front of the windshield so you can't see anything

7. My wiper knob occasionally goes missing, this means I need to press the wiper button instead of turning it so that I'll actually be able to clear my windshield

8. The key to my cart is in my first aid box. I don't know about other depots but we're ALWAYS short on carts and actually need to chain and lock ours to make sure we have them the next day. Otherwise they magically go missing and show up in someone else' car.

9. My drugs are stashed in the plastic bin JK! :happy-very:

partykid

2. At 60kph, if my doors are open, my garbage can cleans itself...bye bye pop can!..............This is too funny!!!! This happend to me on the interstate an someone called in my car number said i was littering!!!

Cementups

Box Monkey
My truck turns on a dime to the left but you would have better luck making a U-turn with an aircraft carrier when turning to the right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

2. At 60kph, if my doors are open, my garbage can cleans itself...bye bye pop can!..............This is too funny!!!! This happend to me on the interstate an someone called in my car number said i was littering!!!

Actually you are littering. Why not take a moment, grab a DR bag, put your trash in there and secure the bag in the pkg compartment until you get back to the center? No, I am not a tree hugger but I don't litter if I can avoid it.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Nope, he just sticks them on the steering wheel!!
I have thought that drivers do sometimes pick their noses, but never thought they swapped it out on the wheel! YUCK

Oh and to all the following offenders, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

PISS IN A BOTTLE AND THROW IT AWAY AT THE END OF A SHIFT, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT PISS IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!:wink2:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
2. At 60kph, if my doors are open, my garbage can cleans itself...bye bye pop can! :happy-very:
Years ago, our center bought a windshield for a motorist who was behind a driver who happened to be "Cleaning his garbage can". The soda can hit the vehicle. I use a DR bag for this reason.

3HrsOverAllowed

PISS IN A BOTTLE AND THROW IT AWAY AT THE END OF A SHIFT, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT PISS IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!
If you absolutely have to piss in a bottle, why not just pour it out immediately?

M

Mike23

PISS IN A BOTTLE AND THROW IT AWAY AT THE END OF A SHIFT, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT PISS IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!
If you absolutely have to piss in a bottle, why not just pour it out immediately?

I'll just drive 60KPH thank you very much :happy-very:

M

Mike23

Whats this? A slap in the face for mechanics? sheesh......

I'm not too sure how to multiple quote ppl in one post so I'll just make another post...this should help management with their numbers...

Ahem...What mechanics? :wink2: JK

I do respect my mechanic especially since we have 2 or 3 mechanics compared to 4 onroad sups though the mechanics have more vehicles to fix then drivers for sups to supervise...figure that out :sick:

M

Mike23

Actually you are littering. Why not take a moment, grab a DR bag, put your trash in there and secure the bag in the pkg compartment until you get back to the center? No, I am not a tree hugger but I don't litter if I can avoid it.

According to UPS our windshield wipers work fine (even though they only cover about 3/4 of our windshield and the other part in winter is too messy to see through) because, they claim, they were designed that way so therefore don't need to be updated.

Therefore, that in mind, UPS is littering since our garbage cans were designed that way and don't need to be updated ;)

I also enjoy seeing my pop cans hover like UFO's before shooting out my doors :wink2: :happy-very: