Funeral leave

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
1 of 2 grievances ever filed was for funeral pay for my brother. I was in TX, emailed obit to a sup at ctr. After I got back and didnt get paid, I brought it to attention. Never got it, but he would put in for it the next week.. Never got it. Filed a grievance and got it. They do not care.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Even if your bosses are understanding, it is still important to read and understand the benefit. I had bosses that were not so understanding. My father in law died during the work day, I called them and told them it was probably happening and to line up help so that if he died I could go to the hospital to be with family. He died a couple of hours later, I called in and they had all gone home. No one was lined up to cover, the office person told me I could skip my break, but I had to finish my route.
Damn brother, sorry to hear that. I had just pulled out of the building when my wife called to tell me her father had died (he was in a nursing home in pretty bad shape), I drove straight back to the center parked the pc and handed the keys to a supervisor on my way to the gate.