Funeral leave

Peets01

New member and new 22.4 driver here, my grandmother has recently passed away and I was given 2 days off of work to grieve, and I was told I will have paid time off since I’m a seniority employee. I believe I’m getting paid 4 hours regular pay for each day of the 2 days ($20.50 per hour). I return back to my hub tomorrow. Was wondering if I need to provide any proof of her passing. My family has not yet decided on what will happen yet. I was told there’s no need since it’s personal. Any help would be great.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
New member and new 22.4 driver here, my grandmother has recently passed away and I was given 2 days off of work to grieve, and I was told I will have paid time off since I’m a seniority employee. I believe I’m getting paid 4 hours regular pay for each day of the 2 days ($20.50 per hour). I return back to my hub tomorrow. Was wondering if I need to provide any proof of her passing. My family has not yet decided on what will happen yet. I was told there’s no need since it’s personal. Any help would be great.
Why only 4 hours and not your guaranteed 8 hours

Peets01

My only concern is my grandmother who passed never lived in the US. I’ve known her all my life but she was born and raised and lived all her life in Romania. There’s no real way to obtain an obituary because it isn’t in English, and my immediate family lives in the US. I just don’t want to have an issue and I wasn’t even expecting to get paid and didn’t care weather I did get paid or not but I did. How can I avoid not proving proof of her passing the only real proof is to have them call my mother who that was her mother passing.

rod

Retired 22 years
We were given up to 4 days paid (not to extend beyond the day of the funeral). Why only 2 days off in your case. THEY SCREWED you.

oldngray

nowhere special
We were given a minimum of 2 days which could stretch to 3 if it included a travel day. All paid. You could get more unpaid if you needed it.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I only provide if they request.
We are given 2 days or more if needed but only 2 paid.
It’s none of their business after you let them know.
And anyone who lies about a death in the family always gets what coming towards them.

oldngray

nowhere special
I only provide if they request.
We are given 2 days or more if needed but only 2 paid.
It’s none of their business after you let them know.
And anyone who lies about a death in the family always gets what coming towards them.
They usually don't ask for proof but there is always that guy who seems to constantly have obscure relatives nobody heard of dying.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
058DBA78-15E9-4257-825C-F70908850B51.png

boxerdan

We were given up to 4 days paid (not to extend beyond the day of the funeral). Why only 2 days off in your case. THEY SCREWED you.
OP does say that funeral arrangements have not been made yet. These 2 days were just to grieve for the death, its possible he could get 2 more days for the funeral.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My only concern is my grandmother who passed never lived in the US. I’ve known her all my life but she was born and raised and lived all her life in Romania. There’s no real way to obtain an obituary because it isn’t in English, and my immediate family lives in the US. I just don’t want to have an issue and I wasn’t even expecting to get paid and didn’t care weather I did get paid or not but I did. How can I avoid not proving proof of her passing the only real proof is to have them call my mother who that was her mother passing.
Find a Romanian newspaper and cut an obit out of it
These supes can barely read English no way they can decipher a Romanian obituary