Funny DVIRS?

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Some of the DVIR's we receive in automotive can be quite amusing, for example: "Can I get a fan?" "The truck is making a weird noise" "The engine is blown" "The truck didn't start, it needs a starter" "I used to be a mechanic, my truck needs an alternator." "The engine is losing compression" also we got a call once where a driver told us that he had just driven through high water and now the truck wouldn't start lol. Does anyone else have any good ones?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

After the third day of the horn either not working at all or every once in a while:

FIX THE HORN!!!!

Josh did not find it amusing but the horn has worked like a charm ever since.

BostonBo

Why are these funny? Most of us know little about fixing vehicles, just that something isn't "right" about our car today. And a fan can be the difference between lasting the day or dropping due to heat exhaustion.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How is "Can I get a fan?" funny? I suppose it's funny to see a guy driving around in 95+ degree weather in a vehicle with limited air flow for 11 hours who's just trying to do his job and wants a 10 dollar fan installed?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
After writing up a long list of what was wrong with the truck the mechanic answered "I'll get you a wheelbarrow. Try delivering out of that". He did not work there after that response.

MoarTape

After writing up a long list of what was wrong with the truck the mechanic answered "I'll get you a wheelbarrow. Try delivering out of that". He did not work there after that response.

Did he actually write that on the dvir and sign off on it?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My truck won't start. I think it's broken.

Someone took the gear shifter off the dash and there is an extra pedal by my feet. What do I do?

Where is the key to start this thing?

I don't like brown. Can you repaint the truck?

Please install a radio.

This thing won't go over 65 mph. Please fix.

How do you turn on the a/c?

BrownTexas

I've wrote on a dvir on a 1984 truck we have "needs power steering, need an additional step as the ones on the truck are too high, truck needs to be taken into a field and set on fire." It was a really bad day and I was tired of driving the 1 truck that should even exist anymore.

BrownTexas

I've had a belt brake and thrash under the hood. I pulled over to call it in. I was told by the mechanic "Just keep going, but watch to make sure it doesn't over heat. And don't try to stop quickly. You are on your reserve braking now and the truck might not stop as fast as it needs too." Needless to say, I told him to stop being an idiot and was brought another truck. "Safety first", my ass.

nayrsiem

I've written up a faulty starter as "truck only starts when it feels like it". Also, one day I had a truck that started making all kinds of terrible sounds under the hood at random times and kept getting louder. I wrote it up as "truck may be haunted". 2 out of our 3 mechanics have a good sense of humor.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Mechanic told me major work was scheduled for my truck. The day before he pulled it off road, I wrote "Needs new engine and new transmission."

After the truck was returned, I would show the book to other drivers and say: All you gotta do is write it up.

2BadKneesPlease

Clutch went out on an old 4 speed gas job due to a leak in the system. Shop instructed me to pour my Mtn. Dew (all I had) in the reservoir and limp it through the day. It worked, never got my replacement Dew from the mechanic though.