Funny Picture

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
fedex_tipped.jpg

Input funny caption...

"I'm not lying...the guy says the receiving door was this side of the building.."

J

JonFrum

What's not so funny is the vehicle has an attractive paint job, an attractive color scheme and logo that is safe and visible even in the dark, and is washed clean! Even the wheel rims are clean. No scratches, no dirty windshields, no missing marker lights or reflectors, no bent front bumper. FedEx must know some secret that UPS management doesn't.

satellitedriver

What's not so funny is the vehicle has an attractive paint job, an attractive color scheme and logo that is safe and visible even in the dark, and is washed clean! Even the wheel rims are clean. No scratches, no dirty windshields, no missing marker lights or reflectors, no bent front bumper. FedEx must know some secret that UPS management doesn't.
The secret is FedEx saves money by hiring people who do not know how to drive/park safely.
The savings in accident costs over lower wages pays for their image.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
The secret is FedEx saves money by hiring people who do not know how to drive/park safely.

BINGO SD!!!!

I am constantly amazed at the FedEx drivers I see around town and their driving habits. One driver in particularly that noses his truck into every delivery stop. Only a matter of time till he backs that thing out into traffic and crushes someone that is not paying attention to him.

raceanoncr

In most cases, FDX does not hire FDX Ground drivers. Most of these trucks, er, package cars, are contract trucks with either the owner driving them or hiring out an owner. It has not been unusual, up til recent legislation in some parts of the country, for an owner to have several "routes", hence, several trucks with several drivers that the owner, not FDX, hires.

Does FDX care about who drives the truck? You make that call. Does UPS care about who drives the contract trucks you see around Christmas time? Again, a no-brainer.

Excuse me. I didn't mean legislation in the first paragraph. I meant rulings.

Big Babooba

fedex_tipped-jpg.15361

Input funny caption...

"I'm not lying...the guy says the receiving door was this side of the building.."
Driver to helper: "USE THE HAND RAIL"

I bet this just ruined his day. Can you imagine if the driver managed to flip it on its side. It looks like it would wedge itself in...then that would really be funny.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Thats almost as good as the P1000 that came up for auction last month. 78 miles. They only showed photos from the rear, which showed a clean nice new package car. Said the damage was front end, and that they would only sell it for scrap.

Lemme see how that conversation went when calling the center to report that you totaled a brand new car on the first day out.

d

SmithBarney

BINGO SD!!!!

I am constantly amazed at the FedEx drivers I see around town and their driving habits. One driver in particularly that noses his truck into every delivery stop. Only a matter of time till he backs that thing out into traffic and crushes someone that is not paying attention to him.

While I can't speak for Ground, when I was at UPS our center was averaging about
10-15 accidents a month(30 routes)

At my "station" with Express, we have 10 routes, and haven't had a single incident
in 8 months. I think alot can be said for stress levels, and work load..

Of course I can't imagine how something like the picture above could happen.
then again it is "Ground"