FUTURE OF THE LEGENDARY 22.3 JOB

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
you can't come close to doing the same amount of stops per hour with a rental as you can with a package car
Here is why I said productivity is no longer the objective.

I pulled up on a new guy in a Penske who I saw sitting in the same location for about 30 min as I hit my businesses.

Asked if he was ok. He points to his truck.

They sent him to take 40 stops off 3 different people in 3 different areas in that Penske.

I helped him get it together and sent him on his way.

PizzaToUps

Good afternoon fellow upsers, I’m a new member to this glorious online forum filled with tons of information . As you c an add by my name I’m a 22.4 meaning I am a new driver . I was third 22.4 book driver in my hub only been getting :censored2:ed by brown for a year . I wish to acquire a 22.3 job in the future cause I’m lazy and their job is easier and pays same as my position but technically more since they get RPCD rate when delivering ground . Are they gonna even hire 22.3 anymore since we got my position now ? Or are they just gonna open bud for them when one leaves or retires ?! I don’t mind Being an RCPD with a nice residential route either . :censored2: commercial !

As a newer 22.3, the only way to get one is if someone retires or gets fired. The way the job gets bid is that it goes through other 22.3s first then to full time drivers with at least 15 years seniority (speaking of western) then to part time employees. Usually the 22.3 bid that makes it to full time drivers or part timers are the worst of the bunch as no other 22.3 in that building or local want it. They will most likely not create any new 22.3s but they are protected in this contract at least. They do try to dissolve them from time to time or change people’s start times.