Future UPS?

Gloominati

D.Y.S.
That movie is the daily experience. Minus the forbidden hazmat of course. I don't think I could get some preloaders to load sand that well.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Future is a stand up member of this forum! Nice to see a thread about him!

applause.gif

Dr.Brownz

yeah look how well it picks up that weightless box and walks through that area in the snowy woods they cleared of dead fall. Or that controlled office space with no pedestrian traffic or other chaotic factors.....

This technology is way farther off than what many of you are suggesting.

Not only that what happens when these are out in the streets and some kids decide to smash it with a bat or just trip it and it sits there for 3 hours before some technology sup dummy goes out and checks? Never going to work until society is redesigned to not base towns around roads for people driven cars. So several hundred years or never.

I bet UPS hasn't invested much in this because they need to justify spending so much on ORION. They p[probably have a date they need to use ORION till to "show" that it made them money LOL.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
they will concentrate on automating their hubs first. also logistics is probably a big priority . not much manpower overhead there.

that was what I was told by a top district manager about 10 years ago. already seen some of that in the NorthBay hub in Richmond, CA. not sure how well that has turned out.