Gamestop Now Pickup and Delivery at Same Time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I received an ODS this morning saying that corporate and Gamestop have agreed that we will deliver and pickup their packages by noon each day. We have had the noon commit on their deliveries for years but now they want us to make the pickup at the same time. I deliver to Gamestop usually around 10---there is no way that they are going to want me to close them out at 10 in the morning. Has anyone else heard about this new procedure?

Johney

This is most likely one off those sales pitch deals "Sign our contract and we'll do this". Of course never having operations in their mind. If you have a good relationship with your customers I'd bet you can work something out. Thank God I don't have any of those crazy accounts.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They told us about this new service today during our Pcm....they are paying a much lower price to be an "on road" pickup....Deliver and Pickup at the same time....regardless of what time it is

Johney

I don't see a problem if we already have to be there before noon, then if you deliver at 10:00 you pick-up at 10:00. It's before 12:00 right? An area pick-up is just that, when you are on area, only in this case it must be before 12:00.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I received an ODS this morning saying that corporate and Gamestop have agreed that we will deliver and pickup their packages by noon each day. We have had the noon commit on their deliveries for years but now they want us to make the pickup at the same time. I deliver to Gamestop usually around 10---there is no way that they are going to want me to close them out at 10 in the morning. Has anyone else heard about this new procedure?

At the mall I deliver and pick up before 10 at game stop pretty much every day never had a problem.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They told us about this new service today during our Pcm....they are paying a much lower price to be an "on road" pickup....Deliver and Pickup at the same time....regardless of what time it is

Yeah much lower price is $10 a month as opposed to $40 a month. I mean they weren't breaking the bank at $40 a month. Oh well I guess ups isn't the only company that steps over a dollar to save a dime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate won't do it.

I called my PDS as soon as I got the ODS. We discussed this and he agreed that picking them up at 10am is foolish. We have an afternoon driver who will continue to make the pickup and I will make a sweep through in the late afternoon after I pickup Staples. This is called taking care of the customer.

barnyard

KTM rider
This is called taking care of the customer.

It is actually called, "ripping off the shareholder." Game Stop is paying for on area pickup, because that is what they want. You are providing a service that is not being paid for, in effect, stealing from the company. If enough do what you are doing, what is to stop other customers from calling and saying, "I want the same deal as Game Stop, including paying for on area pickup, but still getting late pick ups."

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It is actually called, "ripping off the shareholder." Game Stop is paying for on area pickup, because that is what they want. You are providing a service that is not being paid for, in effect, stealing from the company. If enough do what you are doing, what is to stop other customers from calling and saying, "I want the same deal as Game Stop, including paying for on area pickup, but still getting late pick ups."

Besides the fact that the Gamestop employees were probably also informed of the change and are expecting the pick-up along with the delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I deliver Gamestop because the driver for that commercial complex cannot get there by noon. When I make the delivery they normally don't have any packages ready to be picked up. He makes the pickup while he is delivering to the neighboring stores. I make a courtesy sweep, which usually consists of me stopping in front of the store and being told "yes/no" by one of the clerks, later in the afternoon after I pickup Staples. This works well for us and for Gamestop.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I generally deliver Gamestop between 11:30 and 12. I told them you will now be picked up at delivery even though I stop in front of the same strip mall at 4:45. I guess if they come up with a late pkg they can bring it out when they see me parked there in the evening.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I generally deliver Gamestop between 11:30 and 12. I told them you will now be picked up at delivery even though I stop in front of the same strip mall at 4:45. I guess if they come up with a late pkg they can bring it out when they see me parked there in the evening.

How would they feel if you were to deliver and pickup at 10am?