"Garmin-aggedon and the One-System-Blues"

every.delivery

Hello. I was wondering if any current AO's/ BC's have any success stories with their station's one-system roll out. Would like to know how your station handled it and if and how you were able to transition? Cheers

It will be fine

Hello. I was wondering if any current AO's/ BC's have any success stories with their station's one-system roll out. Would like to know how your station handled it and if and how you were able to transition? Cheers
As Ground, HD or overlapped? It’s been great for my overlap, more accurate manifest, better load on Saturdays.

Future

Victory Ride
Well it was tough ....the ao’s ended up mating with Bc’s ...b4 ya knew it we had a bunch of :censored2:s ....

For the first week I thought heads were gonna blow off shoulders switching to vision..Ground guys laughed at the tards that were struggling. Not that hard if you know the route. In terms of management and the system it was :censored2:ty! They had packages from different towns going to the wring routes.. But it all worked out and is smooth sailing now.. Just waiting for the overlap to end now.. Getting contactors to sit down and rub weiners and play nice and agree whos giving up what area for another area will be interesting. I am just a BC but get to go to meetings to give my input and overhear all the sqabbles over area will b funny

sadmanhere

For the first week I thought heads were gonna blow off shoulders switching to vision..Ground guys laughed at the tards that were struggling. Not that hard if you know the route. In terms of management and the system it was :censored2:ty! They had packages from different towns going to the wring routes.. But it all worked out and is smooth sailing now.. Just waiting for the overlap to end now.. Getting contactors to sit down and rub weiners and play nice and agree whos giving up what area for another area will be interesting. I am just a BC but get to go to meetings to give my input and overhear all the sqabbles over area will b funny

fedex had a system (vrp) where anyone could do get in the truck on any route and do it with minimal training. and they just stopped it for a harder system...makes no sense

Star B

White Lightening
um, no, they probably stopped it because it's part of the whole 'contractor, employee' thing. That way, nobody could claim FedEx told them they had to run it that way, "controlling" the order the contractor ran it in.

Honestly, learn your area. Even for us employees, we have routes that we are given a truck full of freight with a non-ordered package manifest, no truck sort done, just freight piled in it, FIGURE IT OUT!

Other routes (city routes mainly), in order, on shelves, nice and pretty with maps and an ordered manifest.

MAKAVELI

um, no, they probably stopped it because it's part of the whole 'contractor, employee' thing. That way, nobody could claim FedEx told them they had to run it that way, "controlling" the order the contractor ran it in.

Honestly, learn your area. Even for us employees, we have routes that we are given a truck full of freight with a non-ordered package manifest, no truck sort done, just freight piled in it, FIGURE IT OUT!

Other routes (city routes mainly), in order, on shelves, nice and pretty with maps and an ordered manifest.

Just stop already this guy's head is going to explode!
:nonono:

Star B

White Lightening
but OH MY GOD I WANT MY MAPS AND MY TURN BY TURN YOU MEAN I GOTTA LEARN THE AREA I BOUGHT HOLY :censored2: :censored2: I THOUGHT THIS WAS A SET IT AND FORGET IT TYPE OPERATION.

sadmanhere

but OH MY GOD I WANT MY MAPS AND MY TURN BY TURN YOU MEAN I GOTTA LEARN THE AREA I BOUGHT HOLY :censored2: :censored2: I THOUGHT THIS WAS A SET IT AND FORGET IT TYPE OPERATION.

i dont know what hick town you live in....but fedex doesnt give us enough revenue to give drivers careers here...to make a decent profit to stay in business we can only offer A to B employment ...meaning most drivers here already are looking for waiting for something else.....

i can do all my routes with no turn by turns....you're missing the point......why change a system where its easier for new drivers.....which is what we have in this business......a lot of turnover...

sadmanhere

why should we waste time doing that? its not about can we do it...its WHY should we? its time wasting....that time messing around fixing and looking for packages we could be delivering stops.....we get paid after delivering not sorting

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
why dont you handsheet everything......why dependent on fedex scanner....handsheet everything...show youre independence ......
We’re NOT independent. We get paid by the hour to do whatever stupid thing Fedex wants us to do. And we don’t depend on the scanner, FedEx does. We sheeted packages for lots of years. If FedEx wanted us to start that again, we would. We work as directed and get paid weekly for it knowing there is nothing we can do to change anything.

The sooner you realize you can’t change anything either, the less stressful your life will be.

sadmanhere

We’re NOT independent. We get paid by the hour to do whatever stupid thing Fedex wants us to do. And we don’t depend on the scanner, FedEx does. We sheeted packages for lots of years. If FedEx wanted us to start that again, we would. We work as directed and get paid weekly for it knowing there is nothing we can do to change anything.

The sooner you realize you can’t change anything either, the less stressful your life will be.

i dont work for fedex express .... i'm a contractor....if i worked for express i'd do whatever they told me....cause i get paid by the hour....if they want to make changes that slow down my performance what would i care i still get paid....
but thats not the case for me...and may driver..we get paid per stop and them taking away vrp is going to slow us down..
and make training new guys harder.......and harder for current guys to switch routes....... still i don't understand why the switch .....

they ahd a system where ANYONE could figure it out with a half a brain...and they just took it away

It will be fine

i dont work for fedex express .... i'm a contractor....if i worked for express i'd do whatever they told me....cause i get paid by the hour....if they want to make changes that slow down my performance what would i care i still get paid....
but thats not the case for me...and may driver..we get paid per stop and them taking away vrp is going to slow us down..
and make training new guys harder.......and harder for current guys to switch routes....... still i don't understand why the switch .....

they ahd a system where ANYONE could figure it out with a half a brain...and they just took it away
So implement your own system. No reason to rely on Fedex for anything beyond the packages.

every.delivery

fedex had a system (vrp) where anyone could do get in the truck on any route and do it with minimal training. and they just stopped it for a harder system...makes no sense

Yes! We have ISP’s scrambling for garmins (approved models that still don’t work), expensive Ground-Clown™️ subscriptions, ad FX’s previous HD now Ground loaders that will never wrap their heads around SID’s. Been a complete XXXXstorm.

every.delivery

Sounds like you’re a BC that manages a currently, Ground-only Op?