GDP UP

unionman

Not if he had to go through congress to get elected. Just think your guys had a super majority for one of the few times in history and could not get health care passed. You can't blame the republicans for that.
Not enough time to pass it. You think the Democrats agree on everything like the Republicans do. Our healthcare will cost this country more than if it had passed.

tieguy

Banned
Not enough time to pass it. You think the Democrats agree on everything like the Republicans do. Our healthcare will cost this country more than if it had passed.

ah i didn't realize it was a time issue. How much time is required when you control the whole process for a whole year?

brett636

Cato institute, Brett? Could you find something maybe a little objective?

As already stated the Cato institute is not beholden to either republicans or democrats. Although I'm sure if it was linked back to the huffington compost you would take it as gospel. You wanted just 5 names of economists who disagreed with the stimulus, and there is a list of over 100. I would like you to explain why its in our best interests to spend future generations into destitution.

av8torntn

You guys just don't give up, just like the GOP. You know the stimulus is needed and yet you continue to say it is not. Just like when Obama told those Republican idiots "thats just not true, and you know its just not true"

Why would I give up? It is now a fact that the stimulus was not needed and was a complete failure as it did not meet any of it's stated goals. What's surprising is that you keep listening to the liar zero. Maybe something you should consider giving up?

unionman

As already stated the Cato institute is not beholden to either republicans or democrats. Although I'm sure if it was linked back to the huffington compost you would take it as gospel. You wanted just 5 names of economists who disagreed with the stimulus, and there is a list of over 100. I would like you to explain why its in our best interests to spend future generations into destitution.

Why can't you recognize that as the economy improves the deficit goes down. 3 trillion dollars are what has been added to the debt because of the economy for the last 3 years. It would be irresponsible to just do nothing when it has already proven to be turning the economy around.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why can't you recognize that as the economy improves the deficit goes down. 3 trillion dollars are what has been added to the debt because of the economy for the last 3 years. It would be irresponsible to just do nothing when it has already proven to be turning the economy around.

So applying your theory to my household budget....if I make more $$$, then my Visa bill will go down. WRONG!! My Visa bill goes down only when I make payments on it.

av8torntn

It would be irresponsible to just do nothing when it has already proven to be turning the economy around.

Yes it would, but it is much more irresponsible to grow the size of government. The correct thing to do would be to reduce the size of government so the economy could grow. Allow free markets to exist and the economy will boom. It is a fact that goofy stimulus plan has harmed the economy just as the same actions harmed us during the depression and just as similar actions have harmed the economies in other countries in the past.

unionman

Yes it would, but it is much more irresponsible to grow the size of government. The correct thing to do would be to reduce the size of government so the economy could grow. Allow free markets to exist and the economy will boom. It is a fact that goofy stimulus plan has harmed the economy just as the same actions harmed us during the depression and just as similar actions have harmed the economies in other countries in the past.
I agree, less Government is good but during the Bush years the size of Government grew, Obama is proposing cutting Government that doesn't work and putting that money towards things that do.
How does stimulus harm the economy? That just isn't true. The stimulus has proven to have saved and created thousands of jobs and without it this country would probrably be still in the grips of the recession and not coming out of it.

av8torntn

I agree, less Government is good but during the Bush years the size of Government grew, Obama is proposing cutting Government that doesn't work and putting that money towards things that do.
How does stimulus harm the economy? That just isn't true. The stimulus has proven to have saved and created thousands of jobs and without it this country would probrably be still in the grips of the recession and not coming out of it.

Just a flat out lie. Obama is proposing enormous growth of the federal government. I know it's hard to not be a victim but Bush is not president now.

The stimulus harmed the economy in a number of way. Dramatic increase in debt. Dramatic increase in unemployment. Dramatic expansion of government.

unionman

Just a flat out lie. Obama is proposing enormous growth of the federal government. I know it's hard to not be a victim but Bush is not president now.

The stimulus harmed the economy in a number of way. Dramatic increase in debt. Dramatic increase in unemployment. Dramatic expansion of government.
You lie like a Republican. What growth are you talking about? The commity he wants to form to cut the fat that Republicans actually help draft and backed away from. Yeah right, the stimulus caused the unemployment. Do you even hear what your saying?

tieguy

Banned

Obama adding another three trillion to the fray is what is turning out to be irresponsible.

wkmac

So applying your theory to my household budget....if I make more $$$, then my Visa bill will go down. WRONG!! My Visa bill goes down only when I make payments on it.

Not a good comparison ML. Tax revenue goes up as business gets better.

You lie like a Republican. What growth are you talking about? The commity he wants to form to cut the fat that Republicans actually help draft and backed away from. Yeah right, the stimulus caused the unemployment. Do you even hear what your saying?

Federal government keep up.

Obama adding another three trillion to the fray is what is turning out to be irresponsible.

And hiding deep within his 2011 budget is a nice fat bribe to all federal employees, a 3% raise.

No matter who wins this debate, we're still only gonna get freezer burn when it's all said and done!
But all is well because the unemployment picture is looking good right? Seems the only place that is having a upward success with upward wages is in the single industry that produces nothing and only consumes the product of ones labor.

Just as the economy sputters, federal executives' salaries soar
Just as the economy sputters, federal executives' salaries soar
LEAD STORY: Just as the economy sputters, federal executives' salaries soar
What Recession? A December USA Today analysis revealed that during the first 18 months of the recent recession, beginning December 2007, the number of federal employees with six-figure salaries shot up from 14 percent of the federal workforce to 19 percent. Defense Department civilian executives earning more than $150,000 went from 1,868 to more than 10,000, and the Department of Transportation, which had only one person earning $170,000 in December 2007, now has 1,690. The average federal salary is $71,206, compared with the private sector's $40,331. [USA Today, 12-10-09]

And I know the current adminstration is doing a good job with helping fight unemployment not that the previous adminstration did much better!

:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
It might be time for the current administration who was part of the previous congress to now stand on his own merits without relying on the previous administration to prop it up.

bbsam

Staff member
It is not in our best interests to spend future generations into destitution. If you want to get serious about fiscal responsibility how about a 1% cut across the board in all government spending? Whether social, millitary, medicare, medicaid, do it all. That's the problem I have with both sides. Bush cut taxes but not spending. Obama wants to freeze spending and raise taxes and the right wants to crucify him for it. But boack to your point, Robert Reich call the government's spending of "last resort". Individuals and companies are tightening their belts. If the government follows suit, the economy tanks.

diesel96

The last thing we want to hear is to be lectured about debt by those right of center. Your former leadership has accumulated TRILLIONS in dumb war debt/wasteful military spending, lost revenue in the form of Tax Cuts, TARP, and a Rx handout bill over the next ten years, with no attempt to pay it back except to blame the next Administration for repairations, and silent expectations of our younger generation to pay up......That's not even mentioning the Free Market "tanked" under your watch. Financial Institutions have been bailed out to kick start the economy, but instead of administering loan apps, exec's were more eager for larger bonus's saved from the taxpayer's dime.....

av8torntn

The last thing we want to hear is to be lectured about debt by those right of center. Your former leadership has accumulated TRILLIONS in dumb war debt/wasteful military spending, lost revenue in the form of Tax Cuts, TARP, and a Rx handout bill over the next ten years, with no attempt to pay it back except to blame the next Administration for repairations, and silent expectations of our younger generation to pay up......That's not even mentioning the Free Market "tanked" under your watch. Financial Institutions have been bailed out to kick start the economy, but instead of administering loan apps, exec's were more eager for larger bonus's saved from the taxpayer's dime.....

That's a funny excuse. It's OK to spend 50% more than we are taking in cause the last guy left us a projected budget surplus. Pretty creative on your part.

We are stuck for three more years with a president that has expanded government to record levels, increased the national debt to record levels, and lied at every turn. As long as this president continues to burden the markets with high taxes and excessive regulation we will not experience the economic good times we had when that last guy was in charge.