George Soros --America wake up !

island1fox

I am sure many people do not listen to nor like Glen Beck.
But his expose on George Soros has many film clips of Soro's himself--in his own words --how he manipulated the sterling --broke the bank of England and made a personal profit of over one billion dollars.
Soro's has been to the White house at least fout times. Left or right --are you ready for hyper-inflation, loss of savings and retirement plans --or do you put you head in the sand and pretend that something like this can never happen in the U.S.
Your opinion ?:sad-little:

wkmac

I am sure many people do not listen to nor like Glen Beck.
But his expose on George Soros has many film clips of Soro's himself--in his own words --how he manipulated the sterling --broke the bank of England and made a personal profit of over one billion dollars.
Soro's has been to the White house at least fout times. Left or right --are you ready for hyper-inflation, loss of savings and retirement plans --or do you put you head in the sand and pretend that something like this can never happen in the U.S.
Your opinion ?:sad-little:

Funny you brought this up as I read this the other day.

island1fox

When it comes to spin and control, Soros will never come close to Murdoch and company.

bbsam,
That is bit of a stretch. If you want to compare Murdoch to Ted Turner or any other Media Mogul --I could see your point .
If you want the Liberal , Progressive spiel--watch Msnbc--if you want the conservative spiel watch Fox ---No problem with those comparisons.

Soros a man that destroyed economies in Malaysia, Thailand, Georgia, and England ------behind the curtain caused inflation and chaos while he personally made huge profits.
In his own words he has stated that he wants much more "foreign" influence on our governing bodies ---He firmly believes and states the the United States is the sole stumbling block preventing a " New World Order" Is that what you also would support ---a new world order ????
Have not heard such radical statements from Fox, Msnbc, Cnn ---Turner nor Murdoch !!:wink2:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I have been watching Glen Beck.

And not to be one that will look at one side of the story, I did some research on Soros.

The man is very scary.

And for all you that feel Glen Beck is crying wolf. Have you been in a McDee's or BK recently?
The dollar menu, my staple Whopper, Jr and DBL Cheeseburger are 1.49 and 1.29, respectively.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
November 12, 2010, 2:55 pm Glenn Beck Sees George Soros as Iran Does

By ROBERT MACKEY
As my colleague Brian Stelter reports, the Fox News host Glenn Beck was accused this week of deploying “a symphony of anti-Semitic dog whistles” in his lengthy attack on the political activities of George Soros, a billionaire investor and philanthropist Mr. Beck repeatedly described as a “puppet master” who “collapses regimes.”
While Mr. Beck has cited his strong support for the state of Israel to fend off that criticism, perhaps the oddest part of his critique of Mr. Soros is that the Fox host appeared to agree with the autocratic leaders of countries like Iran and Myanmar, who see something sinister in the philanthropist’s promotion of democracy.
In his indictment of Mr. Soros this week, what Mr. Beck did not say about the list of governments he claimed the philanthropist had helped to topple was striking. Before naming America as Mr. Soros’s next “target,” Mr. Beck ominously intoned:
Soros has helped fund the ‘Velvet Revolution’ in the Czech Republic, the “Orange Revolution” in the Ukraine, the “Rose Revolution” in Georgia. He also helped to engineer coups in Slovakia, Croatia and Yugoslavia.

What Mr. Beck failed to mention is that in each of the countries he named, Mr. Soros in fact provided support to popular pro-democracy groups battling repressive regimes led by Communist or former Communist autocrats. The Fox host also seemed confused about some of the events he described in those nations.
To start with, the mass street protests led by the Czech playwright Vaclav Havel in 1989 that brought down Prague’s Communist regime took place in what was still Czechoslovakia, not the Czech Republic, which did not exist at the time.
There were also no coups in Slovakia, Croatia or Yugoslavia. Slovakia was created by the so-called “velvet divorce,” the peaceful dissolution of the federal state of Czechoslovakia by democratically-elected leaders in 1993; Croatia’s wartime president, Franjo Tudjman, an authoritarian former Communist general, died in office in 1999 and was replaced by a former member of his party after a democratic election; Slobodan Milosevic, the Yugoslav leader who was most responsible for the brutal campaign of ethnic cleansing that killed tens of thousands in Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo, resigned in 2000, following street protests after his loss in a democratic election.
Mr. Beck’s suggestion that these peaceful ends to tyrannical regimes would not have come about without money from foreign plotters ignores strong evidence to the contrary, which suggests that in each case civil society groups, with some moral and financial support from the outside world, led popular uprisings against unpopular authoritarian rulers.
The Fox News host also made no mention in his program of the fact — first reported by Justin Elliott of Salon on Friday — that Mr. Soros has paid more than $150,000 to Randy Scheunemann, a Republican lobbyist who is a senior adviser to Sarah Palin, to press Congress and the White House to keep sanctions in place against Myanmar’s military junta and promote a resolution “calling for the immediate and unconditional release of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi,” whose party won the last free elections held in the country. (Laura Silber, a spokeswoman for Mr. Soros’s Open Society Institute, confirmed to The Lede that he had hired Mr. Scheunemann’s firm to lobby in support of democracy in Myanmar.)
In 2008, while he was an adviser to Senator John McCain, Mr. Scheunemann’s lobbying firm also signed a $200,000 contract to work for the government of Georgia, which is still run by President Mikheil Saakashvili, who came to power in the Rose Revolution that was on Mr. Beck’s list of sinister regime changes.
Oddly, Mr. Beck’s conspiratorial reading of the recent history of Eastern Europe puts him in complete agreement with Iran’s intelligence ministry, which for years has been working to discredit the country’s reformist leaders and their calls for fair elections as the puppets of foreign plotters.
Mr. Soros’s name was invoked repeatedly during the show trials of opposition figures in Tehran in 2009, following weeks of street protests over the country’s disputed presidential election. At his trial, an Iranian academic who once received support from Mr. Soros, Kian Tajbakhsh, claimed, in what appeared to be a forced confession, that the country’s former president, Mohammad Khatami, had met with Mr. Soros to plot the overthrow of Iran’s Islamic Republic.
Mr. Khatami called the allegation absurd, but, as The Lede explained in a post on “Iran’s Fear of a ‘Velvet Revolution,’” Iran’s intelligence service seems to be obsessed with Mr. Soros. In an animated television program produced by the ministry for Iranian television in 2008, Mr. Soros was imagined conspiring in the White House with Senator McCain, the C.I.A. and Gene Sharp, a proponent of civil disobedience, plotting to overthrow Iran’s government with the help of Iranian reformists.

A public service announcement made by Iran’s intelligence ministry in 2008, which began with an animated film imagining plotters scheming against Iran in the White House.
Despite attacks from Mr. Beck and Iran’s government, Mr. Soros seems quite proud of his role in promoting democratic change in the former Communist countries of Eastern Europe. The Open Society Institute spokeswoman, Ms. Silber, told The Lede that Mr. Soros did provide financial support to both the Czech pro-democracy group Charter 77 and Poland’s Solidarity movement, which eventually brought democracy to that country too, in the early 1980s. During the same period, Mr. Soros also, “set up foundations in Communist Hungary and the Soviet Union that worked to undermine the repressive regimes there,” Ms. Silber added.
Last year Mr. Soros himself explained, in an article on his work published on CNN’s Web site, what his aim was:
I set up my first foundation in Hungary in 1984. The idea behind it was simple. The state dogma, promoted by the ruling communists, was false and by providing an alternative we could expose its falsehood. Accordingly we supported every cultural initiative that was not an expression of the established dogma.
I was guided by the concept of the “open society,” which I adopted from the philosopher Karl Popper. I saw the open society as a more sophisticated form of social organization than the totalitarian closed societies of the Soviet bloc.

wkmac

Glenn Beck spent the past week denouncing the liberal billionaire and philanthropist George Soros as a "puppet master" who is orchestrating a coup "to bring America to her knees."
Given Soros' alleged role plotting to destroy the United States, Beck and his Fox viewership might be surprised to learn that one of Sarah Palin's top aides has been on Soros' payroll for years.

Would/Will Beck talk about Randy Scheuneman?

What's John McCain's Excus....Response? Or Kristol and Company for that matter?

Is Soros in truth actually playing both political sides? Would Beck dare ask that of his red state flag waving friends and what might we even learn about Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh et al if such a close look were to take place? Am I just waving a baited hook or do I know something and I'm telling my FoxNews hating friends here that there is a really good steak to be found on the Net if they dare look?

Just enticing enough either way to piss you off ain't it!
:wink2:

Funny how Glen will only "follow the money" so far and then seems to stop! Hmmmmm!

tourists24

So are you guys who are misdirecting the conversation saying that Soros is scum or is he an ok guy just looking out for best interests? Just curious. My opinion, you can never trust one person but I'll take my chances with Beck before Soros

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So are you guys who are misdirecting the conversation saying that Soros is scum or is he an ok guy just looking out for best interests? Just curious. My opinion, you can never trust one person but I'll take my chances with Beck before Soros
I don't see it as an either/or situation. Why take a chance with either one? Soros is a rich guy who gives money to causes he supports, which more and more seems to be the driving force behind our whole political system (money and the various rich people who control it). If Beck actually believes even half the things he says he's delusional, but maybe he doesn't and he's just selling what people are buying and making hay while the sun shines. I don't have much use for either one of them.

tourists24

I don't see it as an either/or situation. Why take a chance with either one? Soros is a rich guy who gives money to causes he supports, which more and more seems to be the driving force behind our whole political system (money and the various rich people who control it). If Beck actually believes even half the things he says he's delusional, but maybe he doesn't and he's just selling what people are buying and making hay while the sun shines. I don't have much use for either one of them.
actually nothing wrong at your comment here. I was kinda interested in the thread at the start but it gradually started to drift to finger pointing in every direction but where it shouldve been headed (about Soros). Kinda the way D and R politicians do when misdirecting; "oh yeah, well look how bad this guy is". I understand critiquing Beck becasue he was the one exposing Soros, but I can see this thing going downhill fast.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Beck reported what George Soros has said and done repeatedly. Beck’s statements are fully backed up with solid direct evidence. I wish anyone who disagrees with him would point out where he slipped up.

wkmac

Tourist,
We all need to stop and just look behind the curtain. As the flames, smoke and thunder blast, some of us see one image and the other part of us see another. Yet, behind the curtain, the one pulling the levers that cast the image and fire the flames, smoke and noise, is always the same little man if you will and he's the one who always benefits no matter which image from election cycle to election cycle is either the more popular or the more reviled!

Soros plays bothsides of the street just as the Koch Bros. (Kochtopus) do the same. While paying out money to keep the Cato Institute in bidness and the Tea Party in place to butter Diesel's biscuits, they also pay in money to the Demorcat Leadership Council DLC and even direct to democrat party candidates. Google Koch Brothers & DLC and then follow the powe.....money.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have always thought that Soros is a scumbag. He has made his fortune off the unfortunate, and I don't care what your party affiliation is. Its as simple as that and I'm happy he lost in the last election. There has got to be a special place in Hell for people like him.

wkmac

Scratch,

Guys like that never lose regardless of an electoral outcome! He makes money no matter who wins and we're the only losers.

over9five

Staff member
Hmmm, todays Zogby Poll had a question loosely quoted

"What words do you think of when you hear the name George Soros?"

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Scratch,

Guys like that never lose regardless of an electoral outcome! He makes money no matter who wins and we're the only losers.
I would agree with that. For the extremely wealthy election outcomes don't really make much difference in their lives. I mean, do you think Paris Hilton really cares one way or the other? When they do get involved in politics it's more at the level of the sports fan who's rooting for the home team. If they lose, oh well. There's always next season.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch,

I know he makes money no matter who wins, I probably should have worded my post a little better. I am just happy the side he spent a lot of money on lost. I have been aware of who he is and what he wants for a long time. I just get a some personal satisfaction when his ideals get shoved back a little.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Why Does Mainstream Media Leave George Soros Alone?

Wisconsin’s battle over the union label continues to resonate nationwide. Lefties complain about conservative funders David and Charles Koch in often obscene fashion, making juvenile plays on their last name and prank calls like troublesome children. The so-called mainstream media are heavily invested in that strategy, calling the Koch brothers some of the “biggest bankrollers” for Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

It’s a theme that almost defies reason. The Kochs openly support things they believe in – especially free markets and limited government. To media types, those beliefs are suspect or even audacious. To the left, they’re criminal or anti-American. Both groups claim to question everything.

Everything, that is, except who funds the left. When that gets mentioned, there is either complete silence or cries of conspiracy at the mere mention of the name George Soros. Yet Soros has given billions around the globe for decades to push his own beliefs. His impact on liberal politics here in the U.S. is unparalleled.

Wherever left-wing organizations gather, you can find either him or a pile of his cash. His dollars reach from pro-abortion and pro-drug groups to fringe media outlets and Democratic campaigns.

In just one day last week, while traditional media were going after the Kochs, the Soros Empire swept across the land pushing a hard-left agenda.

Three separate story lines from Thursday Feb. 24, 2011, showed Soros in all his glory. In the first, liberal activists pushed for a Supreme Court ethics code. The second talked of “Tea-Party-like revolts” against spending cuts. The last involved the nationwide union protest in support of the Wisconsin strikers.

Every one of those stories was pushed, influenced and organized by Soros-funded groups. He might have never even lifted a finger. He didn’t have to. He's No. 35 on Forbes’ list of global billionaires with $14 billion, so he just opened his wallet.

Read more here: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/03/04/does-mainstream-media-leave-george-soros/