Geraldo Is Right About People With Hoodies Being Suspect

wkmac

I mean, check these 2 thugs out!

540895_389144237763227_114517875225866_1459568_945365905_n.jpg

"I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly not to let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as much as George Zimmerman was,"

Geraldo Rivera, Fox and Friends

Must be a "whites only" deal Huh Geraldo?

Do as I say, not as I do!
540895_389144237763227_114517875225866_1459568_945365905_n.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Neither. Cut at birth. Oh..you meant the hoodie. Down..or up. Not knowing is even scarier, no?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't get the hoodie thing. I have a hoodie too. Why in the world is a hoodie responsible for his death???

I guess he recanted, because this is all I could find now......

"Earlier Friday, Fox News Channel commentator Geraldo Rivera said on "Fox & Friends" the hoodie Martin wore when he was killed was as much responsible for his death as the man who shot him. Rivera later said his comment was "politically incorrect."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I looked up hoodie and it said it is a sweatshirt with a hood.
Is that what this thread is about?
If so, why?
I have several hoodies for outside in the cold.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't get it either. Why is a hoodie responsible for his death?

Interstingly, I asked my wife, who was watching TV, what was the deal with a hoodie. Coincidentally, on TV, there was scene with three monks wearing hoods.
She said somebody shot someone because hr was wearing a hoodie.
I'm glad I live way out in teh country and don't get exposed to all this nonsense.
Sounds like it is something up MrFedEx's or TOS's alley.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Hoodies are simply jackets with hoods on them that many people wear in cold weather.

They can also be items of gang attire, or fashion statements among those who espouse the hip-hop culture.

I wore a hoodie the other evening when I walked my dog...because it was 35 degrees and snowing outside. When its 70 degrees in Florida, I would speculate that the hoodie was being worn as a hip-hop fashion statement.

Sometimes I find myself getting an attitude when I see these kids of today wearing hoodies, untied shoes, and pants that sag halfway down the back of their asses. When that happens I force myself to look back about 27 years or so to when I was their age, and walking around with acid-washed ripped jeans tucked into the tops of white Nike high-tops, a Def Leppard or Iron Maiden or Rush muscle shirt, a lightning bolt earring, and a mullet. I then cringe, and feel immense gratitude for the fact than any photos of myself in such attire have long ago been destroyed.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Hoodies are simply jackets with hoods on them that many people wear in cold weather.

They can also be items of gang attire, or fashion statements among those who espouse the hip-hop culture.

I wore a hoodie the other evening when I walked my dog...because it was 35 degrees and snowing outside. When its 70 degrees in Florida, I would speculate that the hoodie was being worn as a hip-hop fashion statement.

Sometimes I find myself getting an attitude when I see these kids of today wearing hoodies, untied shoes, and pants that sag halfway down the back of their asses. When that happens I force myself to look back about 27 years or so to when I was their age, and walking around with acid-washed ripped jeans tucked into the tops of white Nike high-tops, a Def Leppard or Iron Maiden or Rush muscle shirt, a lightning bolt earring, and a mullet. I then cringe, and feel immense gratitude for the fact than any photos of myself in such attire have long ago been destroyed.

I would have loved to see the Mullet!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The hoodie is not responsible for his death. its not a joke. I have them too.
It is a means of hiding from view of the public for some, just as pantyhose over the face used to be.
Stores in my area have signs.
no shoes
no shirt
no service
No hoodies
2 students at a time

its not about having a hood when its cold out.
Its about hiding in it.
It is about stuff that dont look right.
Its 75 out, you dont need a hoodie, thats all.
Its not racist, its not profiling, it is common sense. Its gang stuff.
Its the ability to decipher from a guy thats cold when its cold out from a kid that is going to shoot or rob you.
Yeah Geraldo is an idiot. But it was a point he was trying to make, that makes sense, to me, and I guess me only.

rod

Retired 22 years
The hoodie is not responsible for his death. its not a joke. I have them too.
It is a means of hiding from view of the public for some, just as pantyhose over the face used to be.
Stores in my area have signs.
no shoes
no shirt
no service
No hoodies
2 students at a time

its not about having a hood when its cold out.
Its about hiding in it.
It is about stuff that dont look right.
Its 75 out, you dont need a hoodie, thats all.
Its not racist, its not profiling, it is common sense. Its gang stuff.
Its the ability to decipher from a guy thats cold when its cold out from a kid that is going to shoot or rob you.
Yeah Geraldo is an idiot. But it was a point he was trying to make, that makes sense, to me, and I guess me only.

I agree with what you say also.