Getting a little confused regarding a would-be Package Handler position

XaviumLord

Filled out my application to be a Package Handler for UPS in early April, then checked back every day for available appointment times. One finally sprang up (last Tuesday), so I registered ASAP and went. It was just the tour and the short one-on-one interview. It's now been 8 days, and upon checking the UPS site again, there's another appointment for this upcoming Monday. Should I register for this one too and show up? The HR guy took my info last time, but if they're having another appointment, I'd imagine there are still positions open.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Filled out my application to be a Package Handler for UPS in early April, then checked back every day for available appointment times. One finally sprang up (last Tuesday), so I registered ASAP and went. It was just the tour and the short one-on-one interview. It's now been 8 days, and upon checking the UPS site again, there's another appointment for this upcoming Monday. Should I register for this one too and show up? The HR guy took my info last time, but if they're having another appointment, I'd imagine there are still positions open.
It takes some time waiting for your background check to clear and waiting for the next available training class.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Plus they are waiting for somebody to quit so you can get that spot. Lots of turnover where I work.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Maybe they didn't like you for the job? .

XaviumLord

I'm guessing the northern accent did you in!

I'm gonna have to up my game. But in all seriousness. It just struck me as odd, is all. I've heard there are high turnover rates. I just figured I'd at least be given a chance to prove I'm willing to work there and stick it out before they move on looking for others. I'm applying for other jobs, of course, but still.

Heavy Package

I'm gonna have to up my game. I just figured I'd at least be given a chance to prove I'm willing to work there and stick it out before they move on looking for others.

You are nothing but an application number to them right now. If you are hired, you will graduate to being nothing but a replaceable monkey to UPS. If you can fog a mirror, you can get hired as a PTer at UPS. Just keep breathing and your phone will ring soon.