Getting bored as a driver

Mr.Texas

I have been driving for about 10 years now with a total service of 15 years and frankly I'm bored. I was looking at the different jobs offered and saw a security position available. has anyone worked security at UPS? can you give me some information on it is it a good idea or bad idea?

oldupsman

I have been driving for about 10 years now with a total service of 15 years and frankly I'm bored. I was looking at the different jobs offered and saw a security position available. has anyone worked security at UPS? can you give me some information on it is it a good idea or bad idea?

You're like Internal Affairs at a police department. Nobody likes seeing you around and nobody wants to talk to you.
You'll have very few if any work friends. And you better have really thick skin.

Savvy412

That would be the most boring low paying job anyone could ever work .

Just sit there. Alllllll day. And have to search grumpy drivers bags

Plus, that's not ups (from what I was told ) that's a security company

*could be wrong *

Overpaid Union Thug

You're like Internal Affairs at a police department. Nobody likes seeing you around and nobody wants to talk to you.
You'll have very few if any work friends. And you better have really thick skin.
I wouldn't mind a change of scenery. A 22.3 or feeder job would be sweet but it's not possible in my building. I'm stuck as a driver. Our local sucks.

I'm not exactly bored with driving though. I would just like knowing there's options. Even if that only meant being able to bid on routes in other buildings.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey

*could be wrong *
I don't think he's talking about the guards in the shack. What he is probably looking at is our security which is just loss prevention.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you have to get out of your comfort zone and shake things up a little. either go cover, go feeders if possible, or go rob a bank. that will make things exciting fo sho.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Go into management. You get chewed out for something new everyday!

Good Answer..........Good Answer

tsvlOAGuqVqFi.gif

8 Hour Day

Sounds like my dream job. I get to work at Brown and not talk to people? Sweet.

Foamer Pyle

*could be wrong *
If he is speaking about a loss prevention position, those jobs are highly coveted. You can earn the same pay as a driver, and what could be more fun than trying to catch people stealing? I put in a resume for that department, but the people that work in that department never retire. Those positions come up once in a blue moon. I sure wouldn't feel guilty catching someone stealing from the company.