Getting firedfor no reason , "this isn't going to work out"

So after break today my managers called me into the office , they preceeded to tell me that this job isn't going to work out , I then asked why I was getting let go , they said again that it's not going to work out , so I said there's got to be a reason why I'm getting fired , the higher up manager said " as management we can let you go with no reason" I'm not sure if they can do this or not . Someone please help

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So after break today my managers called me into the office , they preceeded to tell me that this job isn't going to work out , I then asked why I was getting let go , they said again that it's not going to work out , so I said there's got to be a reason why I'm getting fired , the higher up manager said " as management we can let you go with no reason" I'm not sure if they can do this or not . Someone please help

Are you in a right to work state? Does your state have union members classified as bargaining unit members rather than "AT WILL" employees? Are you in probation?

There are a ton of questions that need to be answered before you can get a solid answer.

Call your union rep and ask them.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

You were probably hurting their numbers.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you're in your 30 they are well within their right to do that. It's crossed my mind a few times with new guys. Not everybody can keep up.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Good luck to you. Maybe this job isn't what you wanted it to be. If I didn't start when I did. There is no way in hell I'd do it again.

PT Car Washer

If you're in your 30 they are well within their right to do that. It's crossed my mind a few times with new guys. Not everybody can keep up.
That would be considered a legitimate reason for letting an employee go. Can't just up and get rid of a person for no legitimate reason. Of course management can say anything and the Union may just go along.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Bye bye.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

That would be considered a legitimate reason for letting an employee go. Can't just up and get rid of a person for no legitimate reason. Of course management can say anything and the Union may just go along.
I don't think they are just letting him go for the hell of it. I'm sure there is a reason and I'm sure he knows what they mean when they say it isn't working out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Op if you want any type of real advice you'd need to give is a lot more info. How long have you worked for ups? What local are you in?

You should have take this all the way to the supreme court.