Getting married as a preloader/ cover driver

ChrisTheBrown

I'm just at a point in my relationship where I don't want a lack of money to hold me back any longer, from taking the next step..It does, however, make things a bit more challenging. Were any of you in my situation when you got married, or when you decided to get married? Just curious is all, seeking some advice. Thanks.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm just at a point in my relationship where I don't want a lack of money to hold me back any longer, from taking the next step..It does, however, make things a bit more challenging. Were any of you in my situation when you got married, or when you decided to get married? Just curious is all, seeking some advice. Thanks.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT IF YOU DON'T TAKE ABOVE ADVISE. GOOD LUCK

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I was part time for 11yrs. It's stressful but doable. Luckily i was hired full time 3 months before my son was born.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was part time and did landscaping on the side when I asked her. Her dad had the nerve to ask me if we would be ok financially. I had been supporting her on my own for 2 years without w dime from him.

Do you live together now? Does she work? Do you plan on keeping finances seperate after marriage?

For the wife and I marriage was simply a legal piece of paper. Living situation and finances didn't change one bit when we got married.

ChrisTheBrown

I was part time and did landscaping on the side when I asked her. Her dad had the nerve to ask me if we would be ok financially. I had been supporting her on my own for 2 years without w dime from him.

Do you live together now? Does she work? Do you plan on keeping finances seperate after marriage?

For the wife and I marriage was simply a legal piece of paper. Living situation and finances didn't change one bit when we got married.
We don't live together now, but do live in the same apartment building. I live with her sister's boyfriend, she lives with her sister. (I just don't believe in living together before marriage, is all.)
She works full time, as an assistant manager at a Fastrac that's walking distance from the apartment building. She does fine on her own.

We've talked about finances, are both smart financially, but would prefer to keep our finances separate. We're currently trying to save every bit we can, as we're talking about possibly getting married this August..Been together about 2 1/2 years now.

SafeYARDdog

We don't live together now, but do live in the same apartment building. I live with her sister's boyfriend, she lives with her sister. (I just don't believe in living together before marriage, is all.)
She works full time, as an assistant manager at a Fastrac that's walking distance from the apartment building. She does fine on her own.

We've talked about finances, are both smart financially, but would prefer to keep our finances separate. We're currently trying to save every bit we can, as we're talking about possibly getting married this August..Been together about 2 1/2 years now.
All i ve heard from guys i know are keeping my status like that (i am single). But why do you have to ask guys here if you really want her?

ChrisTheBrown

All i ve heard from guys i know are keeping my status like that (i am single). But why do you have to ask guys here if you really want her?

I just wanted some advice from others is all, that may have once been in my current situation. It's rough starting out at UPS, but like most everyone else, I "GET THE BIG PICTURE" here. She's waited for me, & for so long. It's time that she's rewarded for her patience..As I hope I will be one day at UPS.

upschuck

Keeping finances separate, not a good idea, IMO. Then you are paying, or she is paying, instead of we are paying, fights will happen. Only way that is a good idea is if you are not planning on it lasting a lifetime, then why get married. Just my two cents.

upschuck

I just wanted some advice from others is all, that may have once been in my current situation. It's rough starting out at UPS, but like most everyone else, I "GET THE BIG PICTURE" here. She's waited for me, & for so long. It's time that she's rewarded for her patience..As I hope I will be one day at UPS.
Good luck. Sounds like a good one.

Cementups

Box Monkey
prenuptial-agreement.jpg

ChrisTheBrown

Keeping finances separate, not a good idea, IMO. Then you are paying, or she is paying, instead of we are paying, fights will happen. Only way that is a good idea is if you are not planning on it lasting a lifetime, then why get married. Just my two cents.
It will indeed last a life time, we wouldn't want to get married otherwise. Everyone may have different views when it comes to this, but we don't in the least bit look at marriage as just some legal document. We believe what God's word says about love & marriage.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

upschuck

You don't need money to be happy, go for it and begin your lives together. My wife and I started our marriage with little money, and believe it made us stronger, struggling along the way made us appreciate what we had in each other.