Getting sick during qualifying

davidix

I'm currently still qualifying for a ft driver position. Im on day 22 or so and I've been under multiple times already.

But I'm sick as a dog right now with strep throat, fever and can't seem to hold anything down. I'm nervous to call in but I fear I'll be a liability driving a truck.

What should I do?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm currently still qualifying for a ft driver position. Im on day 22 or so and I've been under multiple times already.

But I'm sick as a dog right now with strep throat, fever and can't seem to hold anything down. I'm nervous to call in but I fear I'll be a liability driving a truck.

What should I do?
Call in and talk your sup.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mondays are normally our lightest day but today will be a bit heavier than usual with all of the closings from Friday.

Like MB said, call in and talk to your sup. Taking one or two days off will not disqualify you.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you have strep, get a Doctor's note and do not go in. There few things worse than some butthead coming in sick and spreading it through the building.

PT Car Washer

Discuss it with your sup, but I would highly recommend getting a DR note, even if it is only for a day to cover your butt.
You should be going to the Dr. anyway or you could be out for days. If you are too sick to drive a package car there is no way you should be going in to work. After 20 some days they all ready have a good idea if you are going to qualify or not. Don't screw it up by going in sick and having to be bailed out or crashing.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Yes. I admit that happens sometimes but management comes and goes and so do the understanding nice people

Dr.Brownz

Unless you're planning to make out with him during the PCM...he's going to be alone in his truck all day. He's more likely to infect his customers than his coworkers.

So the customers are banging him too or..

He is going to come in and cough all over the diad rack, the diad rack being an industry insider term for where the diads are kept (felt.the.need to explain since you are just a lowely preloader)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So the customers are banging him too or..

He is going to come in and cough all over the diad rack, the diad rack being an industry insider term for where the diads are kept (felt.the.need to explain since you are just a lowely preloader)
A) It's "lowly".
B) you ever hear of hand sanitizer? Your loader who is coughing and sneezing all over the boxes in your truck could get you sick too.