only been working at ups for 2 months havent been late or had a single callout how hard would it be for me to get switched to a different hub with a more stable start time? is it somthing they do for new employees or will they tell me to fk off? just cant figure out a way to make 120 dollars a week work out unless i go back to my full time job and do ups in the afternoons.

PT Car Washer

Changing sorts should be a lot easier then changing buildings. Contract says you have to work 6 months before changing sorts but I would try anyway. All sorts are hurting for employees in my area.

Changing sorts should be a lot easier then changing buildings. Contract says you have to work 6 months before changing sorts but I would try anyway. All sorts are hurting for employees in my area.

the problem is i started in ontario and had a start time of 5pm then they switched me over to a new building that just does amazon packages in san bernardino and start times are anywhere from 1 to 5 pm witch screwed me over pretty bad.

Better off changing shifts not buildings. I fought long and hard to move after hire. It was worth it, the other shift needed me bad and the management was an upgrade. Not able to change buildings until 6 months though, and at that point you lose that seniority. I'd talk to your steward and the manager for the shift you want. I flat out said I'll work hard and won't let you down and shook mine's hand. He said you start in the morning. YMMV.

Edit: Oh and for some reason for the first 30 work days I still had to call in for my original shift to make sure they weren't short. No idea what that was all about.

Also if you quit and apply somewhere else there's no guarantee they flagged you as rehire. Regardless of what they say.

sadly the san bernadino building only has 1 shift right now brand spankin new ups hub. i really want to stay but im having trouble figuring out how to do it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What was the process that the company used to switch you from Ontario to San Bernardino? Did they just tell you that you were being transferred? I would talk to your hub manager and tell him/her that you are having trouble making ends meet with the current situation, and see what you can work out. It can't hurt to ask to be transferred back. Also check with the union, they may not be able to do much for you until you reach seniority, but if you are already paying them money, they have a duty to represent you.

^ This. I had stored the teamsters number on my phone. I needed help with my situation. I called and asked for help and they said I was non union not much they could do. I asked what the money taken out of my checks was for and got the direct number for our union guy.