Getting tired of this :censored:

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
So I work preload and I am also an air driver. Usually when we the center needs extra hands delivering they’d ask me if I can work when I’m still loading. Well today I get home and they call me about an hour later to work. I told them I can’t since I need to new prescription for my glasses. I am required to where glasses to drive a ups truck. Then he goes on to tell me that how come I’m having doctors appointments out of no where. My father has been having surgeries and I have to go to his appointments with him since he can’t drive a car. I explain this to him and he just says whatever and hangs up. Can he do something? Like write me up or anything? Or should I just not worry.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I work preload and I am also an air driver. Usually when we the center needs extra hands delivering they’d ask me if I can work when I’m still loading. Well today I get home and they call me about an hour later to work. I told them I can’t since I need to new prescription for my glasses. I am required to where glasses to drive a ups truck. Then he goes on to tell me that how come I’m having doctors appointments out of no where. My father has been having surgeries and I have to go to his appointments with him since he can’t drive a car. I explain this to him and he just says whatever and hangs up. Can he do something? Like write me up or anything? Or should I just not worry.
Don't pick up next time.

Box Ox

Thanks I guess this is what I get for trying to be a good guy to management. A bunch of a holes.

**All hourlies experience a moment in which they realize that getting along with management ultimately means nothing. Be respectful, do your job, don't be hostile toward them. But don't ever let your guard down thinking doing them favors has helped you in any way, or will keep them from coming after you in the next moment. Hourlies are just numbers in the system.

**Does not apply to BOG locations

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
**All hourlies experience a moment in which they realize that getting along with management ultimately means nothing. Be respectful, do your job, don't be hostile toward them. But don't ever let your guard down thinking doing them favors has helped you in any way, or will keep them from coming after you in the next moment. Hourlies are just numbers in the system.

**Does not apply to BOG locations
Thanks I’m starting to realize that now. They can’t write me up for this tho or can they?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Next time that tool calls, say yes and never show.

542thruNthru

Some management love to think that they have the right to know everything going on in your life. Problem is a lot of employees fall for it and tell them too much.

I have simply told them that. "It's none of your business, if you need I will supply you with a doctor's note afterwards"

The less they know the better. I can't tell you how many times I've heard or seen management using personal issues against employees to get them to do what they want.

Box Ox

Thanks I’m starting to realize that now. They can’t write me up for this tho or can they?

They absolutely cannot. You're a preloader who volunteers to do air exception work on the side when asked before the end of your sort. And you were already home. They're just annoyed they've gotta call somebody else.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
no you clocked out, you dont even have to answer the phone when they call you. Second you can tell them not to call you after work is over

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

If you need Prescription glasses to drive for UPS... How do you drive your dad to his appointments without the glasses?

I'd think dad would be just a little more important.. But what do I know. :weird:

I would hang up confused too...

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
Thanks for the tip, I will remember this. I ain’t gonna let them do this again.
And sweet! I will have a beer and enjoy them weekend

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
If you need Prescription glasses to drive for UPS... How do you drive your dad to his appointments without the glasses?

I'd think dad would be just a little more important.. But what do I know. :weird:

Because back then I didn’t really need them until now that I got my eyes checked.

He may have not needed glasses when he originally got his driver's license. His vusivi may have not passed the DOT.

Just saying...

Box Ox

DOT physical results requiring the wearing of glasses while operating a commercial vehicle probably don't mean you're going to wreck your personal vehicle if you're not wearing them.