Getting ugly

Ghost in the Darkness

Who cares, men and women in brown are the ones who make it all go (excluding the sups who play dress up in browns). I'm voting no, the union has about 3 months to change my mind. If not, shut down big brown.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who cares, men and women in brown are the ones who make it all go (excluding the sups who play dress up in browns). I'm voting no, the union has about 3 months to change my mind. If not, shut down big brown.
That's the point though. The union leaders who are in charge of negotiating this contract are basically throwing out anyone that opposes what they are doin.

What are they going to do if the membership votes it down? Blame each area that votes no leaders? Tell the members fine you'll just work under the old contract and get no raises?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
tumblr_opmtorvOyt1r4n9yho1_500.gif

Winning!

SoCalUPS

Here's the problem. The proposals are being leaked online and on social media. This is no way to negotiate. Proposals are just that....proposals. The only time you show a proposal is when you are going to ask the membership to vote on it. There is absolutely no trust between some parties on the committee. Because of stupid politics, our negotiations are now becoming a circus.

brown_trousers

Had a union person speak at PCM to vote in support of a strike to use as leverage at next round of negotiations.
What would we be striking for? No agreement has been made yet.

I can just imagine the news headline on that one. "UPS Teamsters go on strike for imaginary outcome of negotiations that havent finished yet"

brownsteve88

I know many will brush this off simply because of the source but i got a feeling things are gonna get real ugly if we vote down the :censored2: contract that's negotiated for us.

Denis T Doubles Down on Givebacks, Brownout
How about drug addicts that unload trucks at an unsafe speed because they are on speed. The management likes them because they are fast guys. They are druggies who go into the mens room and use a stall without sitting down. First thing in the morning and at break they are speed demons. In the old days the unions protected drunks, now its druggies. Personally I don"t care what anyone does but when it effects me its a problem.

Gimme Danger

How many more can he remove? Pretty soon it will be just Denis T and company representatives

That is actually what he wants. He does not think a negotiating committee is necessary, he does not care about the input of the rank-and-file, he does not care about mobilizing members to achieve aims and goals in these negotiations. DT cares about cutting a deal and doing the least amount of work possible.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You obviously didnt read the post
Replace WGA with teamsters and this is what was meant by the union representative

Myth #1:

WGA members who vote YES for a strike authorization are voting to actually strike.

Reality:

A YES for strike authorization only gives the WGA membership the ability to strike if they have to. A “yes” vote empowers our negotiation team with necessary leverage in the negotiations. It does not mean a strike.