Girl Truck

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I noticed today for the first time that one of the trucks in my center driven by a female has a big oriental rug, glade battery powered air freshener, cofee maker, etc in the back.

One route I run sometimes has a big sirius boombox dock in the back and has a satelite antenna rigged up to the roof of the truck.

Just wondering what customizations or added touches you've seen or maybe put in your own?

FilingBluesFL

The package car I was in this week, the guy who drives it is kinda weird... After he gets back from vacation, he has disinfectant wipes he runs down every surface that could even remotely be touched by anyone. Steering wheel, hand rails, seat adjustments, ANYTHING.

In the back in his "supplies" tote, he's got a big jug of Laundry detergent with Oxyclean in it... I've got NO idea what the hell that's for...

I've seen him driving around for days with plastic over the seat after he's come back from vacation, too.

Nothing really spectacular in our center.

Now the Feeders, that's where it's at! Our feeders each has their own cab, so they have all kinds of interesting radio setups that they leave in their trucks and whatnot.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The package car I was in this week, the guy who drives it is kinda weird... After he gets back from vacation, he has disinfectant wipes he runs down every surface that could even remotely be touched by anyone. Steering wheel, hand rails, seat adjustments, ANYTHING.

Oh, the fun you could have with that.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I wouldn't believe the first one unless I saw it, but the second truck could be mine.
IMG_20130705_234448_028.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
When I come back from vaca,my truck is usually broken somewhere.
I can live with that,it's the DF's that come 3 weeks later that bug me,and apologizing
to my customers for questionable delivery attempts.

Last edited:

brostalss

No customizing here. But the utility drivers and people who park next to me gladly add a new scratch or dent to my truck for me from time to time.

laffter

A lot of our drivers decorate the inside of their cars with random pieces of garbage. It makes for a really nice atmosphere inside.

I noticed today for the first time that one of the trucks in my center driven by a female has a big oriental rug, glade battery powered air freshener, cofee maker, etc in the back.

One route I run sometimes has a big sirius boombox dock in the back and has a satelite antenna rigged up to the roof of the truck.

Just wondering what customizations or added touches you've seen or maybe put in your own?
Ive got a rug and a pillow in the back of my truck so I can take a nap or lay down. I've also got salt & pepper grinders and a back scratcher in case I get an itch.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't know why SHE has the rug, but THIS girl had one because, it helps to cut down on the heat back there, it's easier on the feet, and as your truck empties, it helps keep freight friend
from sliding around.

Plus it just looks purtier. :)

over9five

Staff member
Someone here had carpeting in the back. Used to brag about the "wall to wall". They made him remove it (trip hazard)...