Give Fred a Wonderful Peak Present

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Since he has been so good to us, don't you think we ought to reciprocate and give Fred what he deserves this Peak? Besides WAD, Peak presents many opportunities to mess up the Express juggernaut. Peak will be a disaster this year, so the smartest thing we can do is to throw gasoline on the fire.

Ignore recorders or their attempted use. Do NOT go "above and beyond" under any circumstances, nor should you volunteer for any extra duty and/or hours. If you are PT, use your status to avoid being forced to work FT hours, and do whatever you can to throw a monkey wrench into their plans to make you "flexible". If it snows or is too icy, cite "unsafe conditions" and refuse to drive (you CAN do this).

As always, your "reward" after Peak will be severe hours cuts, the new insurance non-plan, and probably a whole new round of rules and takeaways that ensure a miserable and less profitable (for you) New Year.

Shove Peak up your ass, Fred!! We're going to help and see how far up there we can get it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Smith is too cheap to service our customers properly anyway and at peak his greed really rears its ugly head.

He deserves to have peak blow up in his face. After all he's asked for it.

hypo hanna

Sure I could work extra hard for peak like I have done for the past 25+ years but really, what's in it for me? (Or any other hourly employee?) ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

so to Fred S, Dave Bronczek, Matthew Thornton III, your customers and shareholders, I'm sitting this one out.

bbsam

Staff member
It's going to be interesting in our building. The company has really pissed off the contractors and nobody is looking to go above and beyond. Odd too. We had several VPs in the building and explained how the added expense simply isn't made up by added revenue. Way too much risk for little chance of real reward. They're business people. They seemed to "get it". But nothing has changed and everyone is shrugging their shoulders and saying, "Let them handle it themselves."

MAKAVELI

It's going to be interesting in our building. The company has really pissed off the contractors and nobody is looking to go above and beyond. Odd too. We had several VPs in the building and explained how the added expense simply isn't made up by added revenue. Way too much risk for little chance of real reward. They're business people. They seemed to "get it". But nothing has changed and everyone is shrugging their shoulders and saying, "Let them handle it themselves."

Sounds like you guys are getting the "Express" treatment. It was only a matter of time. 25% is the new goal. Welcome to the club.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

OK, so now they have pissed off Ground contractors too. Are you beginning to understand?

bbsam

Staff member
Bingo. bbsam is starting to see the light.
What have I always said? If it's not worth it, don't do it. I'm just surprised that they are being so short sighted this time. No matter. I worked a total of about 6 hours last peak. Think I'll take this one off.

MAKAVELI

What have I always said? If it's not worth it, don't do it. I'm just surprised that they are being so short sighted this time. No matter. I worked a total of about 6 hours last peak. Think I'll take this one off.
I guess the honeymoon is over.:banghead:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That sounds like a smart decision.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm full time at Eggspress.
What makes me have to work 8+ hrs. a day during peak?
Why can't I just back my truck in at 1700, clock out, and go home at 8 hrs. worked?

HomeDelivery

sup MillHouse... you already know the answer to your hypothetical question = "operational needs"

bbsam said:
The company has really pissed off the contractors and nobody is looking to go above and beyond.

isn't that what the"hourly" temp drivers are for??? since last month, the influx of new hires doubled in my hub & will be tripled by Thanksgiving

yes, some of them are smart to get paid by the hour with a temp agency vs by-the-stop or flat salary day... I don't mind the 40 hour cap that the penny-pinchers are metering out right now, but when the volume comes in by peak~ CHA-CHING! the operational costs will be more than any sub-contractor's since we will be getting overtime after the 40 hours is breahed

bbsam

Staff member
sup MillHouse... you already know the answer to your hypothetical question = "operational needs"

isn't that what the"hourly" temp drivers are for??? since last month, the influx of new hires doubled in my hub & will be tripled by Thanksgiving[/COLOR]

yes, some of them are smart to get paid by the hour with a temp agency vs by-the-stop or flat salary day... I don't mind the 40 hour cap that the penny-pinchers are metering out right now, but when the volume comes in by peak~ CHA-CHING! the operational costs will be more than any sub-contractor's since we will be getting overtime after the 40 hours is breahed
Absolutely. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just not going to pile it on my drivers to make an extra $1000 for the month. The company wants people to hire more drivers for peak. It isn't worth it. I'd have to bring them in today and hope I could.get them up to speed by peak and hope I make my money back. One bad snow storm or a couple tow bills out of the ditch can easily kill the entire additional profit foe the month.

hypo hanna

Absolutely. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just not going to pile it on my drivers to make an extra $1000 for the month. The company wants people to hire more drivers for peak. It isn't worth it. I'd have to bring them in today and hope I could.get them up to speed by peak and hope I make my money back. One bad snow storm or a couple tow bills out of the ditch can easily kill the entire additional profit foe the month.

Fedex must think you are like old school express employees and will happily absorb that cost like we have sacrificed for the company.

bbsam

Staff member
Fedex must think you are like old school express employees and will happily absorb that cost like we have sacrificed for the company.
Actually, they are trying to figure out the ISP culture...the one they created. They say they want to put the incentive for ISPs to take on additional work but they don't want to overpay. So of course, things get pushed back and forth in committee and between different departments. They probably convince themselves it won't be the big deal it really is. They shouldn't take us for Express employees. Everything they have ever done has been to mold business savvy contractors with a mercenary mindset. They have what they wanted.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's going to be interesting in our building. The company has really pissed off the contractors and nobody is looking to go above and beyond. Odd too.
We told you over and over it was coming.

Ground may be Fred's baby these days but that doesn't stop his greed in its' tracks either.

Honeymoon's over!

fedupforsure

The thing we really need to do is remember to take our hour break EVERY day. Late freight days, peak days. And get as many people on board to do this as you can, EVEN WHEN MGT SAYS IT IS WAIVED. We have informed our managers that we will be taking our hour break, no matter what, and that they need to plan for that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually, they are trying to figure out the ISP culture...the one they created. They say they want to put the incentive for ISPs to take on additional work but they don't want to overpay. So of course, things get pushed back and forth in committee and between different departments. They probably convince themselves it won't be the big deal it really is. They shouldn't take us for Express employees. Everything they have ever done has been to mold business savvy contractors with a mercenary mindset. They have what they wanted.

Guess who the one party left out of discussions about ISPs will be? That would be the ISPs themselves. It will be decided in Memphis and Pittsburgh, and you will have zero meaningful input.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The thing we really need to do is remember to take our hour break EVERY day. Late freight days, peak days. And get as many people on board to do this as you can, EVEN WHEN MGT SAYS IT IS WAIVED. We have informed our managers that we will be taking our hour break, no matter what, and that they need to plan for that.

Sounds good to me. The hour break deal is a directive, not policy. This means that FedEx can waive it when they want to, like like during peak, or when there is late freight etc. As usual, always on their terms. I would also stand behind taking a full hour, and bringing back even more DEX 01s.