giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee.

I GOT ONE MORE

How much weight does this really hold??

Article 37 Management-Employee Relations

Section 1.
(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day's work for a fair day's pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer's interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee.

I mean, how comparatively can management hold up a 50 ish person with some age issues to a 25 year old animal stud?

Is it ok to limp slower?

What kind of consideration considered?

Just asking.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
isnt there a federal law that employers cant discriminate on race, age, sexual orientation, etc??? I believe this is meant for hiring purposes but wouldnt it also be for employees who are facing harassment in the workplace

dillweed

I'm a sorter, 54 years old. Couple years ago a nasty little preload sup hassled me for not putting 60-65 lb pkgs above my head on the top belt. I had set one on the grating until someone came along to help. Little pecker pointed at it and told me three times to put it on the belt and I refused, saying it was out of my power zone. He said I was the only one in the building who couldn't do it. BS

Ended up in the office where I again pointed out the safety issue. Remember the demonstrations where they say a pkg at arms length puts several times the pressure on the bod? Union rep spoke up about age and physical condition which really pizzed me off. I told him I wasn't playing that card yet and to back off about my age. Nothing ever came of the issue except other types of harassment from the sup. He's no longer on the sort aisle.

So be aware that they might attack a person for being older and slower but the situation is just plain old dangerous to the body, no matter who it is. I do feel that they can make a situation bad enough for someone to up and quit. For now I show up every day, ready and willing to do whatever they ask. I'm consistant (sp) and accurate. For now it's all good but who knows what the next round of management will do?

Hang in, hang on and do the best you can.

trouble maker

How much weight does this really hold??

Article 37 Management-Employee Relations

Section 1.
(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day's work for a fair day's pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer's interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee.

I mean, how comparatively can management hold up a 50 ish person with some age issues to a 25 year old animal stud?

Is it ok to limp slower?

What kind of consideration considered?

Just asking.
It can be used, I have used it. The company doesn't like to recognize it, but it's there for a reason. No, they can't expect the same from a 25yr old driver as they do a 50yr old driver. They will tell you different, but it just isn't realistic. Maybe 1/25 ratio. It can come into play when they bitch about there over-allowed.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have a scheduled 18% disability in the right shoulder due to a rotator cuff tear and a 12% disability of the spine due to low back surgery. Both were workers compensation injuries.
I use 37.1 whenever my production or lack there of becomes an issue.
Whenever a new center manager or sup comes into my center, the threats and intimidation relating to my production are soon to follow. Always inform them of my past injury history and my advancing age and if they want to push the issue I will be more than happy to put the issue on paper.
They usually then move on to easier prey!