Glad to pay union dues

jimstud

Banned
The other side is often referred to as another job. All your comments lead to a constant negative of UPS. My point is this...if you hate your job so much why stay...just move on.
don't hate my job in fact i like what i do and i am good at it ,it is the dealings with the management team that is pissing me off.like i said try being the steward for a month or two then talk to me.

pretzel_man

don't hate my job in fact i like what i do and i am good at it ,it is the dealings with the management team that is pissing me off.like i said try being the steward for a month or two then talk to me.

I'm sure that being a steward is not easy, especially if you want to be a good one. I'm also sure that there are idiot managers to deal with.

Of course there are idiot drivers that we have to deal with too. From my perspective, the idiots on each side make up about 5%. As you said, if I were in your shoes, dealing with the jerk managers would be an issue.

However, if I don't think those dealings justify you posting inaccurate and biased information. There is nothing wrong with being upset about stupid management. This is a problem with making up facts.

P-Man

jimstud

Banned
I'm sure that being a steward is not easy, especially if you want to be a good one. I'm also sure that there are idiot managers to deal with.

Of course there are idiot drivers that we have to deal with too. From my perspective, the idiots on each side make up about 5%. As you said, if I were in your shoes, dealing with the jerk managers would be an issue.

However, if I don't think those dealings justify you posting inaccurate and biased information. There is nothing wrong with being upset about stupid management. This is a problem with making up facts.

P-Man
i understand my numbers were a little skewed but you still have no problem with kelley saying on national tv that drivers were making 70k in 97 ? after the strike i had more customers calling me nothing but a greedy slob for going on strike when i was making that kind of money.

pretzel_man

i understand my numbers were a little skewed but you still have no problem with kelley saying on national tv that drivers were making 70k in 97 ? after the strike i had more customers calling me nothing but a greedy slob for going on strike when i was making that kind of money.

Jim:

If you want to discuss the strike and how it was handled, that's a fair debate. I would have no issue with your criticism of Kelly and UPS management then. I'm sure I would not agree with all you say about that, but I would not be able to argue with you opinion.

However, you were wrong about Kelly's pay by about 10 times. You said that there are corporate jets and lavish retreats. When confronted with the facts, you chose to NOT recant your assertion.

Its one thing to have an issue about how things were handled 12 years ago. Its another to purposely mislead.

P-Man

jimstud

Banned
Jim:

If you want to discuss the strike and how it was handled, that's a fair debate. I would have no issue with your criticism of Kelly and UPS management then. I'm sure I would not agree with all you say about that, but I would not be able to argue with you opinion.

However, you were wrong about Kelly's pay by about 10 times. You said that there are corporate jets and lavish retreats. When confronted with the facts, you chose to NOT recant your assertion.

Its one thing to have an issue about how things were handled 12 years ago. Its another to purposely mislead.

P-Man
you may be right i might of exaggerated his pay a little bit but to do it on a website with basicly all ups people and doing in front of a national audience there is a lot of difference. i read a lot of posts by supervisors on this web site that have been just short of slander. you said earlier that 5% of the supervisors are probally trouble,well unfortunately that number is a lot higher in the building that i work in. here is a little example of what we have going on in my building.you have a 30 year employee that is a 50 year old woman,she was on every comittee that there is (eri,united way and safety) she got on the wrong side of a center manager who in the name of safety has tried to make this very nice woman's life a living hell.he has followed harrassed and done everything in his power to screw this woman over. up intill 16 months she never had so much as a verbal warning in her file. now she has been suspended at least 4 times in the last 16 months for a total of 12 days for something as simple as not grabbing a hand rail 1 time durning a 4 hour oro.so you wonder why i take pot shots at the hierarchy of ups because the policy comes from the top on down.