Gloves

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I use those thin elastic gloves gloves with the thin amount of rubber for grip. I go through about a pair a week. I don’t know about all you guys and gals out there, but I’m conscience of the fact these things are going straight into the landfill after they’ve served their purpose. 1 pair a week multiplied by however many other drivers use them. That’s a metric friend-ton of gloves sitting in a landfill for the rest of time kinda grossed me out. There’s gotta be a way to recycle these things.

I’m not some liberal hippie cursing the maaaan, maaaan. But it freaks me out a little about all that waste. Anyone out there feel the same? Happy B-day ‘Merica!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I use those thin elastic gloves gloves with the thin amount of rubber for grip. I go through about a pair a week. I don’t know about all you guys and gals out there, but I’m conscience of the fact these things are going straight into the landfill after they’ve served their purpose. 1 pair a week multiplied by however many other drivers use them. That’s a metric friend-ton of gloves sitting in a landfill for the rest of time kinda grossed me out. There’s gotta be a way to recycle these things.

I’m not some liberal hippie cursing the maaaan, maaaan. But it freaks me out a little about all that waste. Anyone out there feel the same? Happy B-day ‘Merica!

Calling @Big Arrow Down...D!

Seriously, before UPS, I worked for a tree-trimming company. I wore leather gloves all the time. One of the guys on my crew never wore gloves, because his philosophy was skin grows back and gloves don't.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

What do you think happens to all those stank pairs of underwear with months or years of ball sweat and ass drippings or the whale tail thongs and granny panties with all the menstrual blood and after-sex oozings?

Oh yeah Happy Independence Day!!!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Back when I did that, a pair of gloves would last weeks, even months. Yeah, they'd get holes but so what. The smell was more so the cause for replacement. For driving, every winter I'd get a new pair of leather mechanic gloves and they'd last till spring. I'd still keep them in my bag though until the following winter.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are PT, look at 'honey grips.' They are yellow and have rubber criss crossed on them. When I was a preloader, I went through 3-4 pairs a year.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Why would you care?
Your impact on earth is minuscule and you thinking your actions to save the earth mean something is foolhardy
I’m not trying to “save” the earth. But
Why would you care?
Your impact on earth is minuscule and you thinking your actions to save the earth mean something is foolhardy
im not trying to “save” the earth nor do I think me recycling my gloves will. But what’s the big deal if I’m just being aware that’s it is gross all the gloves going to a landfill out of sight out of mind. Yes I alone have zero impact, but all of us? I think “all” of us would have an impact if at least thinking about this stuff. But disregard my thoughts and label me a tree hugger right? Thx guy

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
What do you think happens to all those stank pairs of underwear with months or years of ball sweat and ass drippings or the whale tail thongs and granny panties with all the menstrual blood and after-sex oozings?

Oh yeah Happy Independence Day!!!
Most of us don’t use underwear for a week and throw it away. Just sayin. What about gross old mattresses, where the hell do those end up. We could be here all day

barnyard

KTM rider
I get a couple of months out of mechanics gloves. Get the correct size. Seems if they are a little tight, the seams split faster.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I get a couple of months out of mechanics gloves. Get the correct size. Seems if they are a little tight, the seams split faster.
I love mechanix. They look cool and are pretty durable. But even those only 2 or 3 weeks tops. Too pricey

barnyard

KTM rider
I love mechanix. They look cool and are pretty durable. But even those only 2 or 3 weeks tops. Too pricey

The heck. I only wear gloves when it is cold. I get 2-3 pair at the start of the season and usually 1 pair is shot by the end. I get them a size bigger and wear them with wool glove liners from Refrigiwear.