Go peacefully, you lost!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why should they if they they still think they can win the general election? Personally I wish more people would run, preferably outside of the 2 party structure.

bbsam

Staff member
Stephanie Miller used to do a bit on her show called "Republicans Eating Their Own". Seems it's still going on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The write-in is there for a reason. She was too polite during the primary campaign and is now ready to "take the gloves off". Good for her. The only problem is write-in campaigns are rarely successful as people are simply too lazy to write someone's name and would rather pull a lever or punch a chad.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If the rules require the voter to spell the candidate's name correctly, then Linda will never get elected!
Under Alaska state law the name doesn't have to be spelled correctly as long as the intent of the voter can be determined.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The write-in is there for a reason. She was too polite during the primary campaign and is now ready to "take the gloves off". Good for her. The only problem is write-in campaigns are rarely successful as people are simply too lazy to write someone's name and would rather pull a lever or punch a chad.
Lynn, Massachusetts...current mayor was a write-in.
Never ran of any office before.
And
The secretary of state’s office said Thursday that former prosecutor James McKenna of Millbury garnered more than the necessary 10,000 write-in signatures during Tuesday’s primary elections, for Massachusetts Attorney General. That assures him a place on the Nov. 2 general election ballot.

I guess jealousy and a gigantic ego just won't let Murkowski accept defeat. I wonder if she would rather a democrat win the general election than a conservative? Splitting the conservative vote makes a demo governor more likely.

bbsam

Staff member
I guess jealousy and a gigantic ego just won't let Murkowski accept defeat. I wonder if she would rather a democrat win the general election than a conservative? Splitting the conservative vote makes a demo governor more likely.

LOL. Republicans eating their own!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
People said the same thing about Lieberman when he lost his primary, yet he went on to win the general election as an independent. I'm waiting to see some polling data on how a 3 way race would shake out, if Murkowski has a legitimate shot I don't see anything wrong with her running.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
People said the same thing about Lieberman when he lost his primary, yet he went on to win the general election as an independent. I'm waiting to see some polling data on how a 3 way race would shake out, if Murkowski has a legitimate shot I don't see anything wrong with her running.

CT has a large number of Independents/Not Declared who could not vote in the closed Democratic Primary. Alaska has open primaries I believe.

Lisa M. has no chance to win but could siphon off enough votes so that the Democrat wins the election. That would be ironic that the dark red state of Alaska could have 2 Democratic Senators.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
CT has a large number of Independents/Not Declared who could not vote in the closed Democratic Primary. Alaska has open primaries I believe.

Lisa M. has no chance to win but could siphon off enough votes so that the Democrat wins the election. That would be ironic that the dark red state of Alaska could have 2 Democratic Senators.
There is no possible way you could know this. More than half of all eligible voters in Alaska are not registered with either party, and more than 70 percent did not vote in the primaries.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is no possible way you could know this. More than half of all eligible voters in Alaska are not registered with either party, and more than 70 percent did not vote in the primaries.

OK Jonesy,
Save this post and make me pay up if this is not the case.
I will pay Mr. Jones $100 if Lisa M wins in November and becomes the next Senator from the state of Alaska.
This is such a sure bet that I feel very confident ... historical data and past history are on my side.

Hopefully I will not be pulling out my checkbook in November but if I do, I'll pay up.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
OK Jonesy,
Save this post and make me pay up if this is not the case.
I will pay Mr. Jones $100 if Lisa M wins in November and becomes the next Senator from the state of Alaska.
This is such a sure bet that I feel very confident ... historical data and past history are on my side.

Hopefully I will not be pulling out my checkbook in November but if I do, I'll pay up.
I'm not interested in taking your money, and I'm not saying that she will win. I'm saying that there is no way you could possibly know that she doesn't have a chance to win. What historical data and past history are you talking about? You've already dismissed Lieberman.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm not interested in taking your money, and I'm not saying that she will win. I'm saying that there is no way you could possibly know that she doesn't have a chance to win. What historical data and past history are you talking about? You've already dismissed Lieberman.

OK, you win.

I do not know this ... it was a prediction that was not properly positioned as being a prediction.
For that matter, I don't know if the sun will appear above the horizon tomorrow morning either. :peaceful:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
OK, you win.

I do not know this ... it was a prediction that was not properly positioned as being a prediction.
For that matter, I don't know if the sun will appear above the horizon tomorrow morning either. :peaceful:
That's not even remotely the same thing, as there actually is plenty of past history and historical data to support the theory that the sun will rise tomorrow :wink2:

Nimnim

The Nim
You know, I've got a cat that may or may not be deceased in this box over here. Anyone care to make a wager?

Anyways, write-ins when a primary is lost is just low class in my opinion. As much as I don't care for Crist here in Florida at least he bailed before the primary to go independent.

brett636

Its quite simple. Murkowski wants political power, and since the people have denied her that political power she is attempting to deny her successor that same power. She knows she can't win, and she won't. All she cares about now is revenge, and a weak attempt at splitting the vote is her way to do that.