God bless this widow for standing up to UPS

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Tie, I must admit your post made me chuckle. The hate (as you call it) that I have for this company is far from a union background. It has accumulated over the years for the stunts , trickery and deception the leaders at UPS have brought against the work force. From the manager that told the employee with the near death sick kid " I dont care about your family problems, I need you to come to work everyday" to the bafoon that took the drivers ipod and even the manager that bumped into the FT driver with his chest(with witnesses) and managed to keep his job THATS WHERE IT COMES FROM!!!!!!!!! You preach about this company that never does any wrong?????? Oh please...............

Red rose tea---- I am just adding my point of view to your statement and if I offended you in any way with your family, please accept my apologies. I was simply trying to place us in the poor ladies shoes. With us both dealing with deaths to close family members, I think it is safe to say that no moneterial value can replace the life of a long one, agree?

Agree. Apology accepted.

I do understand where you are coming. I have witnessed what you posted and more. Things that make me angry, but it comes to a point where you have to let go of this anger. The same is true of management. In the end you have become what you hate. It becomes a vicious cycle - the more you are distrustful, angry and difficult - the more they become arrogant, etc.

Your anger showed when you reacted to my post - UPS RIGHT - You don't even know me and you reacted like I was your enemy. Which couldn't be furthest from the truth.
Anyway, at the end of the day a fellow UPSER lost his life. We need to do the best we can to prevent this from happening.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
If you had read my entire quote instead of seeing only UPS WAS RIGHT, which for some reason the mere thought of UPS being right hits your raw spot.,

rose sadly some people make their living part of this company but find new ways to hate it and wish it bad everyday. Many come from rabid union environment backgrounds and have learned to think the hate and discontent their union tells them they should believe in. its really sad to see them controlled in such a fashion but sadly they are beyond help.

Agree...
To constantly be "biting the hand that feeds you" doesn't make sense.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red you're the one prostituing yourself on main street for the slime ball lawyer trying to tell me how you won something?
Roflmao. whats next a +2 from 804 telling you he thinks you look hot in furs and leather?

I have noticed that when you are unable to debate a topic you find some reason to remove info on it as in the M thread. You ask for links, proof, facts etc and when you are presented with them again you are unable to debate them. So you attempt to spin the topic and now you want to discuss attorneys over the injustice that UPS is putting this family and others through.

I prositute myself for the members and to insure egual and fair treatment, maybe you should take notes, it could help you become a good manager?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have noticed that when you are unable to debate a topic you find some reason to remove info on it as in the M thread. You ask for links, proof, facts etc and when you are presented with them again you are unable to debate them. So you attempt to spin the topic and now you want to discuss attorneys over the injustice that UPS is putting this family and others through.

That sounds familiar???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oh yea, now I remember why...

"Our side"? Apparently that's your job and you're winging it in your usual fashion. In a previous thread you asked for proof of the story in the form of an Associated Press article or a police ledger. Here Red provides just that and you are now angling that it's probably her lawyer! Why? Because "our" side can't be wrong. Turn up the volume Spin Doctor.

tieguy

Banned

I prositute myself for the members and to insure egual and fair treatment, maybe you should take notes, it could help you become a good manager?

Red the problem is what you presented was proof that you got schumcked by some lawyer? Am I supposed to see you strolling the boulevard for him and believe you're collecting for the boy scouts?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The whole slime ball lawyer theory that Tie keeps pedaling, as Pickup alluded, doesn't make sense because his compensation is directly tied to the monetary settlement. This lawyer is cutting his own throat if he's the one prolonging an agreed upon monetary settlement by pushing for the removal of the gag order. Why would he care about a gag order? They were ready to sign off on the settlement. This woman, whether ill advised or not, is following her convictions. Her lawyer is respecting those convictions and more than likely hating it. His reputation as a lawyer is and always will be tied to his ability to get his client money not press.

ups1990

UPS, would rather not have not only the public but its own workers in the dark concerning monetary settlements. The reason for this in my opinion is to keep future workers who end up hurt or disabaled to have a starting money figure for settlement.
The company will not admit to being at fault for a workers death but every driver is at fault for almost all accidents.

local804

Does UPS Hide Hazardous Accidents?
UPS Teamsters are familiar with the image of managers scurrying to cover logos on UPS trucks to prevent the public and media knowing that a UPS vehicle was involved in an accident.

Could UPS be applying the same secrecy to incidents involving hazardous materials in an effort to skirt federal reporting requirements?

An investigation indicates that UPS in 2004 failed to properly report a number of incidents, including one involving a serious fire:

On June 22, 2004, a mercury spill resulted in the evacuation of 429 workers at the Hunt Valley UPS facility near Baltimore.

On Nov. 9, 2004, numerous UPS workers at the Greenville, S.C. facility were sent to the hospital after an unknown chemical caused severe skin irritation. At the hospital they were put in quarantine. Part of the center was shut down. The substance was later determined to be a commercial dye.

On Dec. 16, 2004, a fire broke out at the CACH UPS facility near Chicago. Numerous trailers caught fire and over 1,000 employees were evacuated. Some workers were taken to the hospital.

During 2004 UPS did report numerous other incidents. The Department of Transportation, however, does little to determine the accuracy of reporting overall.

Reporting Is Required

Federal regulations under the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act require that carriers give notice by telephone and then by written report of certain hazardous material incidents. Incidents must be reported that involve a fatality or hospitalization, property damage exceeding $50,000, evacuation of the general public for an hour or more, or the shutdown of a traffic artery for an hour or more.

The same regulations require that a carrier submit a detailed written report whenever there is “any unintentional release of a hazardous material during transportation.” Even if a hazardous material is not the cause of a fire, there inevitably will be unintentional releases during fires as a result of damage to packages containing dangerous substances.

Legal Action

UPS management’s inclination to hide, rather than reveal, the truth about incidents has been the subject of recent legal action.

In early 2004 UPS was found guilty of retaliating against a former manager, George T. Luckie, over his insistence that UPS properly investigate and report a serious fire at the Montgomery, Ala., hub. In 2003 OSHA hit UPS with a $70,000 fine for having “deliberately and knowingly removed and/or altered equipment, materials or other evidence” at the scene of a worker fatality in Utah.

All of these incidents indicate that members, stewards and local unions should do everything possible to ensure that UPS is complying with the law. The underreporting of hazardous material incidents can be a means by which corporations can shield themselves from scrutiny. Failure to know about and learn from past incidents can result in even more serious accidents taking place in the future.

705red

Browncafe Steward
UPS, would rather not have not only the public but its own workers in the dark concerning monetary settlements. The reason for this in my opinion is to keep future workers who end up hurt or disabaled to have a starting money figure for settlement.
The company will not admit to being at fault for a workers death but every driver is at fault for almost all accidents.

I think we have a winner here! tie try and spin this!

UPSSOCKS

cheap shot your spouse is dying and you are on fmla leave. ups sends you a letter of termination for missing too much work. your spouce receives it and kills himself the next day. leaves you a note this is better for you. thats a cheap shot. ups wanted me back to work day after funeral. I went they won. got me back to word full time.

What?? Is this true

ismahchyk

What?? Is this true

Um yeah stories like this do exist. In Mah presently 2 people are out on disability, 1 for cancer and 1 for a broken leg - Doc hasn't given them a return to work date yet however they're being told to either come back or consider yourselves gone.

Evil evil entity......... Glad I'm gone this was once an ethical organization and NOT one to consciously subvert the laws!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey Tie Guy! Please do not choke when you read this verdict, another sup that won, and guess what? No GAG order! LMFAO

Who would have thought that UPS discriminates?

tieguy

Banned
Hey Tie Guy! Please do not choke when you read this verdict, another sup that won, and guess what? No GAG order! LMFAO

Who would have thought that UPS discriminates?

I'm sorry did the sleazebag lawyers dog just bark something at me? can I get you and 804 to post an even longer laundry list of mob corruption in the teamsters union. ROFLMaO

705red

Browncafe Steward
Start your own thread, and I can point out whats false for you like I have done over the years when you have talked about Ron, or the TDU.

I find it hilarious that you can attack the President for almost anything but you will defend UPS when they are wrong! LOL

browned out

Red this is a cheap shot and you know it. I hate to see anyone lose their life but the guy should have known better then to be behind a trailer when the vehicle was backing up. A 17 year feeder supervisor should have known that what he was doing was unsafe. With that said it sounds like UPS is willing to take care of his widow if she signs the gag order.

Cheap shot? This is UPS's MO. Hourlys or Management Run em over, keep pushing em; and at least 90% will give in. I am not in that group and I don't believe Red is either. Sign the gag order; no one needs to know; yeah sure.