Going for driving test next week for delivery.

Hitman23

I'm up for a promotion. Any tips on what to do.
Also, I have a genetic disease called Thomsens disease. It basically make my muscles stiff. Kinda like when you go to the gym for the first time in awhile. And wake up sore and stiff. I'm taking medication that is relieving these symptoms. Do I have to tell when I get a DOT. Plus does UPS drug test?

upschuck

Also, I have a genetic disease called Thomsens disease. It basically make my muscles stiff. Kinda like when you go to the gym for the first time in awhile. And wake up sore and stiff. I'm taking medication that is relieving these symptoms. Do I have to tell when I get a DOT. Plus does UPS drug test?
That is not a disqualifying disease, drugs are.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

No...and no....u have a pee in a cup..but only to check for levels of different things, not drugs....am always surprised ups does not drug test drivers, think we'd lose half our staff if they would. But then again that would be hypocritical because our mgmt. is not exactly straight edged.

gingerkat

What meds are you on? Is it an autoimmune? Talk with your doctor or pain management about something to help you until the time of your test.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

^^^^ guy above, doesn't matter...they don't drug test, and even if they did if u have a prescription, prescribed by a doctor, it wouldn't matter anyways............

8 Hour Day

There are certain drugs that disqualify you from getting a DOT card.
Correct. Certain medical conditions will as well like high blood pressure or insulin controlled diabetes. If you have a regular doctor, schedule a visit to discuss these specific issues prior to going for your DOT physical. If he/she is worth a crap, they'll know if you're DOT worthy.

Also, UPS may not drug test everyone, but if there's is ever an accident or injury, there will be a drug test.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

[QUOTE="8 Hour Day, post: 2057590, member:

Also, UPS may not drug test everyone, but if there's is ever an accident or injury, there will be a drug test.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

8 Hour Day

[QUOTE="8 Hour Day, post: 2057590, member:

Also, UPS may not drug test everyone, but if there's is ever an accident or injury, there will be a drug test.

Not necessarily.[/QUOTE]
That's news to me... at my ctr, they will drug test you even if it's not a lost-time injury sometimes.

Retiree

We follow DOT regs when feeder drivers are involved in accidents - fatality, or our driver given citation, or any vehicle towed from the scene. Pkg car drivers should never be post accident drug tested unless the investigating officer arranges it. We test a pkg car driver post accident and he/she tests positive, get the checkbook out UPS, it's going to cost ya. Plaintiff attorneys love it when we post accident drug test.