going full time

1989NW

I am on day 7 of my 30 day packet. Hr called me yesterday and said I need to fill out a new application for going full time driving. Understandable. But half way through filling out my application One of the steps was Acknowledgement of Peak season hiring policy. It says as a Peak season hire I acknowledge that my employment Is temporary, That I have no guarantee Of full time or part time Employment with UPS And that my employment may be terminated On or before Jan 31st 2018. I further acknowledge That as a peak season hire I am an at will employee And as such my employment may be discontinued at any time. This does not seam right I have already been utility driving for a year now and I drove last peak season. Any thoughts?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Call your BA like LeadBelly said. I've never heard of a current employee needing an application. It sounds like some bs to make it easier to eff you over if you bomb your 30 day training.

Keep forgetting to fill it out and bring it in. Possibly lose it altogether.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Call your BA like LeadBelly said. I've never heard of a current employee needing an application. It sounds like some bs to make it easier to eff you over if you bomb your 30 day training.

Keep forgetting to fill it out and bring it in. Possibly lose it altogether.
when I went friend/T in 2006, had to reapply.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't recall any of our pt to FT drivers mentioning it here.

Do you recall this having this peak disclaimer on yours too?
I don't recall that. But what I remember is the HR person saying that a lot of what was there didn't apply to me, it was just a form to get the PT/FT transition going. I was a little suspicious.

The OP's form, given the time of year, may have that in there . When I re-applied, it was in July and not September.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am on day 7 of my 30 day packet. Hr called me yesterday and said I need to fill out a new application for going full time driving. Understandable. Any thoughts?

The problem isn't so much of filing out a new application.

But half way through filling out my application One of the steps was Acknowledgement of Peak season hiring policy.

Here is where the problem lies.

You're a "peak season hire" after the fact ? Wrong....

Someone in HR screwed up, and they're trying to backtrack the mistake.

Call your business agent.

Big time.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am on day 7 of my 30 day packet. Hr called me yesterday and said I need to fill out a new application for going full time driving. Understandable. But half way through filling out my application One of the steps was Acknowledgement of Peak season hiring policy. It says as a Peak season hire I acknowledge that my employment Is temporary, That I have no guarantee Of full time or part time Employment with UPS And that my employment may be terminated On or before Jan 31st 2018. I further acknowledge That as a peak season hire I am an at will employee And as such my employment may be discontinued at any time. This does not seam right I have already been utility driving for a year now and I drove last peak season. Any thoughts?
I'm assuming you're an inside, part time employee, right?
If so, did your part time seniority make you the highest seniority part timer on the intent list?

If these truths hold up, I really don't see what difference any of these documents will make?

There are far in excess of 30 work days until the actual "seasonal period".

That being said, I wouldn't sign any of them until I talked to my steward and BA.

barnyard

KTM rider
15 years ago, I had to fill out a new application. Commercial drivers are required to have a 10 year employment history on file. DOT regulation.

Regardless, contact your BA about the seasonal part.

jaker

trolling
I had to do another application from PT to FT and then again to feeder

I remember seeing the seasonal thing when doing the feeder app

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I had to do another application from PT to FT and then again to feeder

I remember seeing the seasonal thing when doing the feeder app
I had to do a new application going from package to feeders as well.

The seasonal thing was in mine too. I called HR and they told me that depending on the time of year that the seasonal disclaimer automatically gets put in the online application. Kinda put a lump in my throat never the less.

Nine5

If your on your 30 days then you have nothing to worry about besides qualifying