Going Package Car Driver

Po0pmenot

Hey guys,

I've been with UPS for 7 years and finally decided to go Driver. Does your sick days transfer over?? I have roughly 50 hours of sick time as a part timer, and I would like to know if i should just burn them all. Everyone I ask in the HUB keeps telling me they are not sure..

Also, when is the best time of the year to go driver?? I know definitely not during peak.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
2017-09-24-21-21-47-.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey guys,

I've been with UPS for 7 years and finally decided to go Driver. Does your sick days transfer over?? I have roughly 50 hours of sick time as a part timer, and I would like to know if i should just burn them all. Everyone I ask in the HUB keeps telling me they are not sure..

Also, when is the best time of the year to go driver?? I know definitely not during peak.

You have the option of rolling them over or having them paid out.

Hey guys,

You will only get paid at the rate that you earned them

Po0pmenot

The driver sup told me no, they don't carry over... My buddy said his checks shows his sick days carried over, but he was told no by a sup also.. Maybe management doesn't want new drivers having sick days?

Brisket

The driver sup told me no, they don't carry over... My buddy said his checks shows his sick days carried over, but he was told no by a sup also.. Maybe management doesn't want new drivers having sick days?

For the first year if I remember correctly.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I tried to burn all my sick days up before I went driving because they weren’t going to give you a day off.

JL 0513

I wouldn't call out during my 30 day probation. But that's just me.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I had about 60 hours when I switched from part time to full time and those hours carried over. They went from being valued at $11.50 an hour to $18.75 an hour :teethy: They did cash out my personal days and vacation time though once I qualified and it was official.

Could depend on what region you're in. I am in the western.

Dr.Brownz

Hey guys,

All mine paid out at part time rate when I went driver