Going Saturday air and have a class question.

llamainmypocket

Class starts at 6:45am but HR has no idea when it ends. I need to know so I can notify my other job.

I'm not overly excited about air driving but I need to do it to make sure I make seniority. I'll be going from 60 hours to 65 and at preload pay. :'(

upschuck

Class starts at 6:45am but HR has no idea when it ends. I need to know so I can notify my other job.

I'm not overly excited about air driving but I need to do it to make sure I make seniority. I'll be going from 60 hours to 65 and at preload pay. :'(
You can only work a total of 60 hrs a week, including all jobs.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
All the different classes I've done at UPS you're done when you're done. There's no set time. Usually they'll give you a ball park though. Find out who is teaching the class and give them a call.

barnyard

KTM rider
Most of have learned these rules from this forum and years of service, but I always felt it was never stressed enough by management

We had the annual HOS training a month or so ago and I thought my boss did stress the importance of NOT working another job in violation of DOT hours fairly well. He also does a good job of keeping track of PT people and who is working so he can help stir them clear of potential DOT violations.

UPS has an interest in this also. If the DOT finds a bunch of drivers violating the HOS, they will make it more difficult for UPS to do business.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Nobody ever stressed it to me and almost all my sups knew I worked a second fulltime job along w preload and sat driving. I have since been laid off my second job. So I now stay within the 60hr limit.