Going to the dentist and RO question

margaritaville

Switched to fulltime recently.

If you need to go to the dentist for a teeth cleaning. Or any other doctor related thing. You just ask for the day off? And they can give it to you or say no? Or do they HAVE to give it to you since its health related.

Basically i just dont want to waste paid RO's on anything doctor/dentist related. I could ask for a regular RO but they can retract those. Im not worried about this currently. Just in the future if RO's are hard to get but you have a doctor/dentist related issue. Do you have to use a paid RO or do they have to give it to you?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Switched to fulltime recently.

If you need to go to the dentist for a teeth cleaning. Or any other doctor related thing. You just ask for the day off? And they can give it to you or say no? Or do they HAVE to give it to you since its health related.

Basically i just dont want to waste paid RO's on anything doctor/dentist related. I could ask for a regular RO but they can retract those. Im not worried about this currently. Just in the future if RO's are hard to get but you have a doctor/dentist related issue. Do you have to use a paid RO or do they have to give it to you?
Ever hear of Saturday appts??

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Stuff that I could schedule ahead of time, I'd try and take it during a vacation week. Most dentists do work on Saturdays, though you may have to make the appt way ahead of time.

9.5er

I just schedule my appointments before start time. Let the sup know the day before I may be a few minutes late just to cover my rear.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stuff that I could schedule ahead of time, I'd try and take it during a vacation week. Most dentists do work on Saturdays, though you may have to make the appt way ahead of time.
I found one that worked nights. Then they pushed start times back so much an 8 hour request couldn't get me there in time.

It's pretty simple really the contract says at least 1 hours notice if you won't be at work.

rod

Retired 22 years
I visited my dentist twice a year for 30 years while working. His office gals very good at getting me in on time because they understood I was doing it on my lunch hour. I still go to the same dentist but have cut back to once a year since being retired. In the 13+ years I've been retired I have only had to have one old small filling replaced otherwise its just for cleaning and a checkup. Its surprising how well one can take care of their teeth once they lose their dental insurance. :-)